September 11, 2010

Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash

The past few days have been cool, breezy and reminiscent of my favorite time of year, autumn. Once I get fall fever, there's no stopping it. I decided to pull out my fall decorations today and my mind has been geared toward fall foods (and football). Butternut squash is one of my favorite fall vegetables, so I decided to roast some for a healthy treat. Wait until you see how wonderful this makes your house smell. What are some of your favorite fall foods?


Ingredients:Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes


  • 1 butternut squash; peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1/4 c butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 tbsp dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • Pinch ground cloves
  • 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • Pinch cayenne pepper
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Line a baking sheet with tin foil (for easy cleanup). Place cut butternut squash in the baking sheet.
  • Pour melted butter over all. Season with the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat evenly. Spread out the squash so it is in one layer.
  • Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until squash is tender.
  • Enjoy!
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Thanks for the awesome side dish idea!! Autumn is my fave time year as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: