Pages

August 18, 2010

Strawberry-Banana Waffles


One of my birthday gifts was a waffle maker. I have been dying to use it but something always gets in my way before I begin. Today was the day. My first ever attempt at homemade waffles. I found a highly-rated recipe on allrecipes.com that I decided to try. I wanted my first waffles to be special (to me), so I decided to add some strawberry, banana and cinnamon, cross my fingers and hope it works. I was pleasantly surprised how these turned out! You have to try them! YAY!




Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 c milk
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • Handful of strawberries, coarsely chopped
Directions:

  • Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray and preheat.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
  • In another large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  • Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
  • Stir in the mashed bananas and strawberries.
  • Pour the batter into the waffle maker (I use about 3/4 c of the batter). Cook until the timer goes off, or about 5 minutes.
  • Serve with sliced strawberries and banana and syrup.
  • Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. I love to make waffles for my kids as it's their favorite breakfast! This recipe looks sooo yummy, my daughter loves strawberries! I love how the strawberry and banana oozes out of the waffle! mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time my daughter bit into a strawberry, she did a happy squeal -- it was so cute! I cannot wait to experiment more with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little skeptical at first because the batter was a little on the runny side, but these cooked up perfectly. I omitted the sugar and added a splash of honey instead and chopped up one banana and several strawberries and put it in to the batter. Everyone gobbled them up!!!

    Definitely a keeper of a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Images are very attractive; I can't stop myself to taste it. Belgian waffles are my favorite but I didn't try banana waffles. After visiting your blog I will definitely try this. Yesterday I tried dry fruit kheer and it was yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the first waffles I've ever made and they turned out great! I used vanilla almond milk.i had a circus waffle maker for a few years and finally tried it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the most amazing morning making those strawberry-banana waffles! The aroma filled my kitchen, and I couldn't wait to dig in. While I flipped through my recipe book, I couldn’t help but think about how cool it is to try new things, especially in this ever-changing world. Speaking of new things, I recently stumbled upon a fantastic resource that dives into cryptocurrency analytics tailored for us Aussies. It's like having a personal guide to understanding the crypto market, which can be really overwhelming at times. If you're curious and want to explore, check out https://noblegaingrove.org Noble Gaingrove project. It's pretty neat how technology and food can both bring joy into our lives, right? Now, back to those delicious waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberry-banana waffles are the ultimate weekend breakfast comfort food. Folding mashed ripe bananas directly into the batter keeps the interior light and fluffy, while topping the crisp golden grids with fresh sliced strawberries, whipped cream, and pure maple syrup creates the perfect sweet balance. For anyone taking a quick breather after making breakfast and looking for entertaining digital platforms to explore, check out https://7-goldcasino.co.uk/.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)