December 9, 2010

Double Chocolate Crackles


12 Days of (Christmas) Cookies
Day 9

Double Chocolate Crackles

Originally, I had cocoa rum balls planned for day 9 but I decided to stray from my list. Why? Honestly, I just was not in the mood to have rum balls, especially after I realized that my husband doesn't like them and my daughter can't really eat them. Besides, I was in the mood for something more chocolaty than anything, so I decided to go with double chocolate crackles that have been tempting me ever since I saw them in the Food Network magazine. They are so rich but not too sweet. It (well, they -- my poor waistline!) definitely satisfied my chocolate craving!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 c granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 c white chocolate chips
  • 1 c confectioners' sugar
Directions:
  • Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in the melted butter and eggs until combined, then stir in the white chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Put the confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls, then roll in the confectioners' sugar until well coated. Place 1 inch apart on the baking sheets.
  • Bake until the cookies are puffed and the tops are cracked, about 10 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.

1 comment:

  1. As much as I like rum balls, I like chocolate crackles even more. These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: