September 29, 2009

Sandwiches & Wraps

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!





Exactly one week ago, on August 6th, I celebrated my 33rd fifth 29th birthday.  My husband and I called off work, and he had the entire day planned out, babysitting and all.  How exciting!  We started the day off at the Parc Bistro for brunch, where I enjoyed some...




This recipe is so easy that I almost didn't share it, but it came at the perfect time, so here it is!  It was a very long day of work immediately followed by cleaning, running errands (piano lessons, groceries, etc.), helping my little sous chef with her homework (Everyday Math can be so frustrating)... all while being reminded that I hadn't fulfilled my promise to "play with me" yet.  At the end of the day, I thought...



Asian Salmon Burgers with Orange-Ginger Slaw

School is out and we've been busy enjoying the beautiful weather, so blogging has kind of taken a little backseat these past two weeks.  These salmon burgers are a great summer meal because they're easy, delicious and ready in 15 minutes!  You don't have to spend copious...



Reuben Sandwiches with Homemade Thousand Island Dressing


Is it really the middle of March already?!  With Saint Patrick's Day not very far away, I decided to whip up one of my favorite hot sandwiches for dinner, the Reuben sandwich.  Prepare your taste buds for a ride... there are so many wonderful flavors packed into this little sandwich!  


Chicken Parmigiana & Spinach Sandwich


My schedule tends to be pretty hectic as it is but this week is a different story.  On top of my activities of daily living, I have been asked by a friend to help make food for her wedding this weekend.  I am super nervous excited because this will be a first for me.




Sliders with Bacon, Cheddar, BBQ & Homemade Onion Rings


Dude food at its finest!  Kick back a few of these babies during the game.  Cheesy, smoky, crispy, sweet, tangy, chewy - so many wonderful things going on in this little slider!  
  


Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Tomato & Scallions


It doesn't get much better than a grilled cheese sandwich and hot tomato soup on a cold winter day... until you add bacon.  Enough said.




Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Basil Pesto

Here is another great summer dish, a delicious Italian spin on the classic grilled cheese sandwich!  I came across the recipe on Closet Cooking and it has quickly become one of my favorite sandwiches.

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich


If you love buffalo wings, then this spicy and hearty sandwich topped with creamy blue cheese and cool, crunchy celery is for you!  It is perfect for the upcoming picnicking season.  Serve it with a side of carrot and celery sticks with blue cheese dressing for dipping.  



Remember the addicting creamy cheddar chipotle sauce recipe that I posted a few days ago?  I decided to use it on burgers to give them a southwestern spin.  My family loved them and my husband told me that it was the best burger he has had in a long time... and I totally agree!  

Turkey Wrap with Bacon, Apples & Pepper Jack



This healthy wrap is perfect for those busy days of fall.  The pepper jack cheese brings a delicious spiciness and the crisp apples add a burst of sweetness.  Oh, yeah - and there's bacon. 




BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Wrap

While my husband and I were celebrating our 8-year anniversary on a beautiful tropical island a couple weeks ago (sigh, is it spring yet?!), we enjoyed dinner with a view of the sun setting over the ocean.  It was a magical experience that I will never forget. 



Southwestern Blackened Chicken Spinach Wraps


I knew that my entire week was going to be really crazy, so I planned for quick meals each night.  This is one of my go-to recipes for a busy week night.  It can be made in 15 minutes, is tasty and the entire family will love it.  This would also be a nice addition to your Super Bowl Sunday parties.





Moons Over My Hammy


Last night, I had a dream about my dear Grandmommy. Grandmommy has a very large and special place in my heart; she was like a second mother to me. I wish all of my readers could have had the privilege of knowing her. She was an enchanting, beautiful, 


Turkey & Bacon Club Sandwich



Growing up, every time my family would go out to a diner, my dad would always order a club sandwich. I never understood why he would order the same thing every time, so I decided to order...


Cajun Chicken Sandwich with Homemade Cajun Seasoning


My husband and I are in love with a particular Cajun Chicken Sandwich that one of our local restaurants serves. Last weekend he said to me, "It would be great if you could mimic that sandwich." 


Cheeseburger Topped with Homemade Old-Fashioned Onion Rings


When we decided to grill burgers for dinner tonight, my husband had a great idea to add the onion rings I had made to our burgers. This was SO delicious! My daughter said, "You're a great cook, mama! I wish my mouth was bigger so I could eat more!" Success!



Beef BBQ Sandwiches Topped with French Fried Onions



Since I made some BBQ sauce today, I am of course going to be using it this...


Italian Chicken, Tomato & Mozzarella Panini on Rye

My husband was in the mood for one of his favorite meals, fried chicken. I decided to fry the chicken the way he wanted it but use it in this yummy panini. Crispy, juicy chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: