September 23, 2009

Pork

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!




Have you ever seen that Weight Watchers commercial, where Oprah Winfrey says, "I love bread," with such passion and conviction in her voice that it makes you want to run into the kitchen and gobble any and every crumb that you can find?  My little sous chef and I giggle every time we see it, and it's come to a point where we'll even quote it when...


It took me a while, but I finally figured it out.  I now have a specific spot in my house set up that is intended solely for food blogging!  Since we've moved, I've been taking photos in my bay window, which makes it extremely difficult to get a good picture when the sun goes down before dinner.  Now I have my lighting and everything set up to where I don't have to rely on the time/position of the sun!  Even though...



When we bought our new house in the end of May, I knew that time was of the essence, so I hurriedly planted a vegetable garden.  I also started a compost pile, which is finally turning into beautiful, rich soil.  Other than dealing with Canada thistles (help!), we have naturally healthy, rock-free soil here.  I can't wait to see how well my garden does when I add compost to it! If your...




On average, we have pork tenderloin once every other week.  The secret to cooking the juiciest, most tender pork tenderloin is simple.  Sear it, roast it until it reaches 140 degrees, and rest it for 20 minutes covered.  While it's resting the juices redistribute throughout the pork, all while bringing the temperature to 145 degrees.  Marinating definitely helps, but if you don't have time to marinate it, that's fine!  It still turns...




This recipe is so easy that I almost didn't share it, but it came at the perfect time, so here it is!  It was a very long day of work immediately followed by cleaning, running errands (piano lessons, groceries, etc.), helping my little sous chef with her homework (Everyday Math can be so frustrating)... all while being reminded that I hadn't fulfilled my promise to "play with me" yet.  At the end of the day, I thought...



Who doesn't love ham and cheese?!  With the weather cooling down some, I've been getting a little more guilt-free use out of my oven.  Organic eggs, fat-free milk, leftover ham, green pepper from the garden, and reduced fat cheddar cheese are used to make this tasty breakfast...



Skillet Mexican Pie with Homemade Enchilada Sauce

I'll be dreaming of this Skillet Mexican Pie for a while!  It was a gorgeous, sunny weekend, but we spent the better half of it indoors because my little sous chef came down with a fever.  While she napped, I found myself with a few spare hours to play around in the...



Our Favorite Juicy Italian Meatballs


This is long overdue.  I'm alone in my kitchen making meatballs, and it hits me - I've never blogged my favorite meatball recipe before!  How can this be?  We have spaghetti and meatballs once every other week!  Oh well - better late than never.  One...



Pork Tenderloin with Brandied Cherry-Chipotle SauceThis is a yummy sauce that I served over roasted pork tenderloin for dinner one night this week.  It's delicious and slightly sweet with a little kick.


Southwestern Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

I don't know where you live, but out here in the suburbs of Philadelphia, I'm pretty sure I measured 10 inches of snow!  Yesterday was a school snow day, today is another snow day... these kids are going to be attending school well into July at this rate!  I work out of my home as a transcriptionist, so I can...



Quick Bolognese Sauce

It was Friday evening.  I asked my little sous chef, "If you could have anything in the world to eat, whether I cook it or we go out, what would it be?"  Within a split second, her answer was, "Spaghetti and meat sauce!"  Unfortunately, my favorite recipe takes about 3 hours from start to finish and it was already 4:00 PM, so I asked her for a second option.  As she...


Roast Pork Tenderloin with Apricot-Honey Whiskey Sauce


This tender roasted pork tenderloin with a delicious apricot-honey whiskey sauce would make a lovely addition to your New Year's Day meal!  The sauce has great depth of flavor and is super easy to make, consisting of just three ingredients:  Apricot...


Succulent Southwestern Pork Chops ~ Ready in 15 Minutes!

I am constantly finding myself in the mood to make something a little different for dinner.  We have an overabundance of tomatoes from the garden, so I decided to use them to make a Southwestern topping to go along with our pork chops.  If you're...


Easy Beer-Basted Baby Back Ribs

To kick off football season, I wanted to share some pretty delicious dude food.  Juicy, tender baby back ribs are so easy to make, all you need is a little bit of time!  Throw them in the oven in the morning and they'll be ready by kickoff.  The ribs are slowly cooked...




One of my family's favorite meals is roasted pork tenderloin.  When cooked the proper way, it is so  amazingly tender and juicy.  I love to experiment with different pan sauces while the pork rests, and this is one of my favorites.  It has the loveliest hint of blueberry but it's not overpowering.  



Bangers and Mash with Sweet Onion & Beer Gravy

My deep freezer is nearly bursting at the seams and I have been trying to slowly go through everything so that nothing goes to waste by the end of this year.  I decided to chip away at some of the sausage and make what has become one of my family's favorite...

Sausage, Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Stuffed Shells

The holidays are over, school is back in session, businesses spring back to life, and the dieting begins!  2012 was a year full of love, good health, and joy in my family and I am hopeful for an even better 2013 for my family and for yours as well. 


Can you believe Halloween is less than a week away already?!  I haven't even started looking for sales on candy yet.  Tonight is our town's annual Halloween parade.  It's a very small town and a very small parade but I look forward to watching the children...

Pork Wonton Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms

My favorite time of year is upon us.  Yesterday was the first day that my air conditioners were silenced to allow the fresh, cool air dance around inside my home.  A lot of people try to hold on to summer as long as they possibly can but I always find myself anxious...




Perfect Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Mid 70s with lows in the 50s?!  Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this fall-esque weather but it is very bizarre for the middle of August!  It's typically a scorcher this time of year with our grill working overtime to keep out the heat outside.  Even though the weather...


Pork Pot Stickers


My husband has been asking me to make pot stickers for the last month and it wasn't until this past weekend that I was able to finally make them.  These pot stickers are so tasty and well-worth the time and effort.



Italian Pork & Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers



The garden is bursting with fruits and vegetables right now and I have been trying to use up zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, green beans, etc.  While I prefer not to fire up the oven for extended periods of time during the hot days of summer, I decided to use...

Spaghetti alla Bolognese

I wanted to highlight one of my family's top 10 favorite recipes today, spaghetti alla bolognese. Bolognese is a ragu (meat-based sauce) that is hearty and packs in a whole lot of flavor.  The key to making amazing bolognese is allowing plenty of time for it to...


New Year's Black-Eyed Pea, Sausage & Kale Dip


How do you celebrate the New Year?  We enjoy pork and sauerkraut for dinner every year.  This year, I decided to also serve a New Year's dip with ingredients considered to be "lucky".  Black-eyed peas symbolize coins and kale symbolizes folded money...



Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo



My husband bought 3 pounds of raw shrimp that I have been trying to use it up this week, making sure none goes to waste.  On Monday, I made shrimp Alfredo.  On Wednesday, I made pad Thai shrimp (recipe to come).  On Thursday, I made Cajun...


Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon-BBQ Sauce

Don't let the short list of ingredients fool you - this sauce packs in a ton of flavor!  This is one of my absolute favorite recipes.



Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic-Red Currant Sauce

Simple to prepare yet elegant and full of flavor.  The sauce is sweet and tangy and the pork is tender and juicy.  This was a huge hit with my family and I will definitely be making it again.  You can substitute the red currant jelly with any of your favorite flavors...






We had a ham for dinner the other night with plenty of it left over.  It was a very chilly autumn night and I decided to use the remaining ham in some split pea soup.  I started with Emeril Lagassee's recipe and made some changes to it.  Fearful that my daughter would judge the taste of it by the look of it, my husband and I decided to tell her it was "Shrek soup".



Between the chilly nights, harvesting the garden, canning and freezing, back-to-school shopping and the sweet smell of football in the air, I must admit that I am in complete autumn mode.  It is a wonderful season for the foodie that brings pears, figs, pumpkins...




I have been absolutely delighted by the beautiful, unseasonably warm March weather we have been having.  It is unbelievable to see spring flowers in March.  My peonies are already shooting up through the soil and my hyacinths have been fully bloomed...



A pork tenderloin recipe again?!  I know, I know!  I promise will try my hardest not to post another pork recipe for at least a while.  Originally, I hadn't planned on blogging about tonight's dinner but my sauce turned out so well that I really had no choice.  This tangy...



Pork Tenderloin with Onion Crispers & Savory Blueberry Sauce

How can I describe this meal?  Sweet and salty, tender and crispy, all in one dish.  The pork is fork-tender and juicy and the sauce is a perfect compliment to both the pork and salty onion crispers.  If you prefer a sweeter blueberry sauce, discard the pan drippings...


Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

It was a beautiful, sunny day to grill out and I had some asparagus that I needed to use up.  I wrapped them in thin slices of prosciutto and they made a wonderfully tasty and easy side dish.  


Asian-Style Peanut Pork with Vegetables & Noodles


Of all my recipes, the most popular (most viewed and most commented on) are the desserts.  Even though this is primarily a cooking blog, as opposed to a baking blog, it really comes as no surprise to me.  Can you guess what the least...


Bacon & Tomato Pasta

Saturday, August 6th was my birthday, the big 3-0.  As chance would have it, my darling husband fell terribly ill for two straight days and my birthday weekend was spent quietly indoors.  For my gift, I had wished for a new mountain bike.  You see, there is this amazingly beautiful...



Roast Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

I have been looking forward to today for quite some time now. For Christmas, my lovely mother gifted me a four-hour long cooking class with Chef Mike Pagliaro.  It was my very first (hopefully not y last) cooking class and was so much fun!  On the menu was White Bean Dip, Veggie Udon Stir Fry, Fagioli e' Verdura, Roast Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry...

Slow-Roasted BBQ Pork Baby Back Ribs

We had my granddaddy over for dinner tonight and my husband suggested that we have ribs.  Mmm! These turned out tender and tasty! Use your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is our favorite) or make your own (see my recipe here)   These ribs...


For Christmas, my sweet Granddaddy gave me the signed cookbook, "The Spice Kitchen" by Sara Engram and Katie Luber with Kimberly Toqe. The cookbook came with 24 cases of different organic, 1 teaspoon pre-measured spice packets. It was an extremely thoughtful...




Last night, I had a dream about my dear Grandmommy. Grandmommy has a very large and special place in my heart; she was like a second mother to me. I wish all of my readers could have had the privilege of knowing her. She was an enchanting, beautiful, funny and loving woman, who loved children and would do anything to see me smile. My daughter's...




Parmesan-Garlic Summer Vegetable and Italian Sausage Pasta

This past weekend, my wonderful husband planned a surprise birthday party for me. I was completely surprised and so excited to see all of the people that I love and care about together at the same time. Even though he specified no gifts, people still...


Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches

Today is one of those rare, beautiful, spring-like March days. The sun is out, I can hear Maddy laughing with the neighbors in the backyard and the birds are singing away. I was definitely in a picnic-type mood, so pork BBQ sandwiches were in order. 



Pork & Sauerkraut

My husband and I grew up in Pennsylvania, where we still reside today. Growing up, my family never had pork and sauerkraut. It was a tradition in my husband's family to have pork and sauerkraut every New Years Day. In fact, the first time I ever had pork...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: