September 23, 2009

Mexican

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!





A few weeks ago, we had some wonderful teases of spring weather.  I was super excited to take my dog for a long walk and drink in the sun.  I got out some shorts and -- gasp!  Uncomfortably snug.  It was obvious that I packed on some winter bulk over the long, cold months while hibernating in my home.  I had been avoiding the scale... avoiding exercise... but not avoiding...



Well, we're heading into our third week of homeschooling already!  I love spending the extra time with my little sous chef and also the freedom that we have in our schedule.  Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons, but I have a feeling that homeschooling is going to top my list this year!  Speaking of fall, it's not quite here yet, but it sure has felt like it for some...




I can never relate to the parent that says they're happy to shove their kids back on the school bus and get them out of their hair when school starts back up.  For me, it's a sad time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited that my little sous chef is getting bigger and starting 4th grade, but I really do enjoy those precious moments of summer break with her each day!  If you haven't...




Organic heirloom tomatoes are given a Southwestern flare, stuffed in a hearty portobello mushroom, and topped with an egg.  It's a healthy and delicious vegetarian breakfast with a little bit of a spicy kick.  If you're not into the whole vegetarian thing, cooked bacon...




Mahi Mahi is one of my favorite fish to eat.  It's a hearty, yet delicate, mild-flavored fish with a slight sweetness to it.  In this recipe, I pan-seared it in a little butter and garlic, and then topped it with a fresh and crunchy homemade mango salsa.  Light, healthy, bursting with flavor, and ready...




The first time I introduced my husband to guacamole, he was not a fan of it.  At.  All.  I, on the other hand, am a self-proclaimed guacamoholic.  It's very healthy, but I try hard not to overindulge because of the high calorie count.  A few years back, we fell in love with these beautiful salads at a local Mexican restaurant that included a little side of guacamole.  I don't know if it was because...



Skillet Mexican Pie with Homemade Enchilada Sauce

I'll be dreaming of this Skillet Mexican Pie for a while!  It was a gorgeous, sunny weekend, but we spent the better half of it indoors because my little sous chef came down with a fever.  While she napped, I found myself with a few spare hours to play around in the...



Vegetarian Mexican-Style Stuffed Mini Peppers



Give your taste buds a fun ride with these vegetarian stuffed mini sweet peppers!  They are given a Mexican spin using cilantro, lime, black beans, rice, corn, tomatoes, onions, and even a little splash of tequila.  The sweetness of the peppers are beautifully...


Tequila Nachos Supreme with Ground Beef

Whether it's for a large party or a fun family night in, these nachos are easy to make and will be a hit!  Crispy nachos covered in seasoned ground beef are topped in a delicious tomato and bean mixture that is soaked in tequila.  




Celeste's Chili

Every stinking week we have another snowstorm!  10 inches of snow today and another 4-to-6 inches in the forecast for tomorrow.  Please, make it stop!  While I wasn't keen on shoveling the heavy, wet snow from my car, it was rather lovely to have a lazy snow day home...



Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Taco Bowls

Dump it, set it, forget it!  These chipotle steak taco bowls are not only easy to make, but they're bursting with flavor and require very little effort on your part.  Simply add the ingredients to your crock pot in the morning, turn the heat on low, and come...


Southwestern Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

I don't know where you live, but out here in the suburbs of Philadelphia, I'm pretty sure I measured 10 inches of snow!  Yesterday was a school snow day, today is another snow day... these kids are going to be attending school well into July at this rate!  I work out of my home as a transcriptionist, so I can...



Succulent Southwestern Pork Chops ~ Ready in 15 Minutes!

I am constantly finding myself in the mood to make something a little different for dinner.  We have an overabundance of tomatoes from the garden, so I decided to use them to make a Southwestern topping to go along with our pork chops. 


Grilled Zesty Haddock & Vegetable Foil Packets


We spent a few hours working in the garden with friends and family a few days ago and found ourselves nearly overwhelmed with how much we had harvested in just one day.  I decided to use some of the freshly picked vegetables in foil packs...


Southwestern Stuffed Pepper Burgers

Grilling out tonight?  Try this delicious new twist on a burger!  Stuffed peppers are grilled, topped with spicy pepper jack cheese, and then paired with a creamy, tangy cilantro-lime dressing.  These burgers are bursting with flavor!  


Quick & Easy Queso

We love our queso!  This recipe may not be "authentic" but it's quick, easy and oh, so tasty! 



Southwestern Omelette with Pepper Jack & Black Beans

Lazy Saturdays.  I live for those few-and-far-between days when we can sleep in until 9:00, wear our pajamas until noon, and not have a commitment until the evening.  While making brunch for my family in my pajamas with Blake Shelton serenading...

Mexican Rice & Black Beans

This is one of my favorite Mexican side dishes!  It is spicy, garlicy and very flavorful.  I made Chipotle Shrimp Tacos for my family the other night and it was the perfect complement to them.  If you're a vegetarian, you can serve this as a main dish.  A word...


I've been in quite the Mexican food mood recently.  After making that delicious Black bean Pico de Gallo, I decided to use it as a topping with some chipotle shrimp tacos for dinner one night.  These are definitely a contender for my favorite taco! 

Black Bean Pico de Gallo

Fresh, tangy, slightly sweet, spicy, crunchy, healthy, low in calories... the perfect condiment to dip your tortilla chips into or top your tacos with!  Pico de Gallo is an uncooked Mexican condiment that contains much less liquid than salsa, so it can




Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Tortilla Stew

Make a New Year's resolution to have a healthy diet?  Try this delicious spicy chicken tortilla stew!  It's healthy, low in calories and oh, so good!  Simply throw the ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and return home in the evening to the amazing smell...


Southwestern Blackened Chicken Salad


This recipe originated from my attempts at recreating one of our favorite salads from a local Mexican restaurant.  It is delicious, easy to make and ready in 15 minutes -- a perfect summer salad!  There are so many wonderful elements to this salad.  It is cold...




Southwestern Blackened Chicken Spinach Wraps

I knew that my entire week was going to be really crazy, so I planned for quick meals each night.  This is one of my go-to recipes for a busy week night.  It can be made in 15 minutes, is tasty and the entire family will love it.  This would also be a nice addition...


Southwestern Burgers with Chipotle Sauce



Remember the addicting creamy cheddar chipotle sauce recipe that I posted a few days ago?  I decided to use it on burgers to give them a southwestern spin.  My family loved them and my husband told me that it was the best burger he has had in a long time... and I totally agree!  


Creamy Cheddar Chipotle Sauce

This recipe is my attempt at duplicating my favorite store-bought (expensive) chipotle sauce and I must say that it turned out fabulous!  It is creamy, smoky, mildly spicy and highly addicting!  I have to be careful with this in the house because our diets tend to go...  


Southwestern Bruschetta


It was between lunch and dinner and I found myself craving a snack, particularly something Mexican.  I had made some guacamole and had French baguette that I needed to use up, so I decided to make southwestern bruschetta.  Simple and delicious.



Chicken Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce



I have been craving Mexican food recently.  We had southwestern blackened chicken spinach wraps the other night and I decided to make enchiladas last night.  You can't go wrong with warm, cheesy enchiladas!  My family loves this recipe.  The sauce is...


Creamy Chipotle Shrimp, Avocado & Mango Salad Cups

There are so many wonderful elements to this salad.  In addition to the savory shrimp and soft avocado, you get a creaminess and spiciness from the dressing paired with sweetness from the mango and a wonderful crunch from the scallions.  To to...



Coffee-Infused Medium Salsa

While Italian cuisine is my favorite, Mexican is a very close second.  Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, on May 5th, so I thought I would share with you a yummy salsa.  Coffee is the secret ingredient.  Shh!  






Happy Veteran's Day! I was originally planning on making something red, white and blue but that fell through. Red tomatoes, white crust and a blue plate close enough, though? I was going to write a long intro for this recipe but I think it can all be summed up in two words: Taco pizza. 



Busy, busy day today! Not much time for cooking but that doesn't mean we can't have something that tastes yummy! My husband had recently mentioned in passing that he would like a beef burrito, so you know that I jumped all over that. He is one of those...




In my last entry for the Saucy Mama contest, I decided to use the Saucy Mama Lime Chipotle Marinade, which is so deliciously flavorful, that was sent to me from Barhyte Specialty Foods. At first, I was going to make a salsa with it but I decided last minute to go with...



For dinner tonight, I made chicken quesadillas. I have tried many different mixes in the past and have finally come across one that I love. About.com of all places is where I found my absolute favorite recipe! 



Chicken Quesadillas

I had leftover roasted chicken from last night that I wanted to use. It has been quite some time since we have had chicken quesadillas and I have been craving them since seeing them recently online. These are very yummy! You can add a can of drained...


Taco Night Casserole

My daughter wanted tacos tonight for dinner but I had no taco shells on hand. I did, however, have some tortilla chips, so I thought I would try something new. Also, the weather has turned very chilly, so using the oven is no big deal today. I found a taco bake recipe on allrecipes.com and decided...


Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Stew


This is great for those busy days and cold nights.  I give this a 5/5 stars when sour cream and tortilla strips are added. 



Busy Night Taco Salad

Yesterday was one of those crazy days, so I decided to nix the pork meal that I had planned and make a speedy-but-delicious salad instead.  Can you ever go wrong with a taco salad?  I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: