January 23, 2009

Beef

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!






Looking for a go-to, restaurant-quality, never-ordering-take-out-again beef and broccoli recipe?  This is it!  No wok required.  It's seriously delicious, super easy to make, ready in under 30 minutes (including marinating time!), and much healthier than take-out. 




I don't know about you, but the sad realization that Christmas is over coupled with the fact that there are still a few more work days before the New Year has me feeling a little blue.  After a long day, we deserve to kick off our shoes and dig in to a comforting, hearty dish of goodness.  This beef stroganoff should do the trick!  The tender and juicy steak drowning in a delicious creamy sauce...




At the start of autumn, I always make one of my husband's top-ten favorite meals, beef pot pie.  (We call it meat pie here.)  I had planned to make it for dinner, but there was one little problem - my little sous chef came down with a cold and wasn't feeling well all day.  Thankfully, she had no school for the Jewish holiday, so she could rest.  However, I still...



Skinny Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mash Topping

Happy 600th recipe post to me!  My first recipe was in February of 2010, and I never would have imagined that my blog would come this far!  Thank you to all who have been following along in this exciting, tasty journey.  

When I was working on this blog post, I wasn't aware that this marked the 600th recipe.  I would have otherwise made something a little more "elaborate"...



Skillet Mexican Pie with Homemade Enchilada Sauce

I'll be dreaming of this Skillet Mexican Pie for a while!  It was a gorgeous, sunny weekend, but we spent the better half of it indoors because my little sous chef came down with a fever.  While she napped, I found myself with a few spare hours to play around in the...



Our Favorite Juicy Italian Meatballs


This is long overdue.  I'm alone in my kitchen making meatballs, and it hits me - I've never blogged my favorite meatball recipe before!  How can this be?  We have spaghetti and meatballs once every other week!  Oh well - better late than never.  One...



NY Strip Steak & Chicken Stir Fry with Jasmine Rice


Here's another goodie that's going on the "My Favorite Recipes" page!  My little sous chef closed her eyes and said, "Mm!  Oh, this is good!  *chomp*  Mm!  *smack*  I want to eat this every day!"  My husband pounded his fist on the table and shouted, "This is darn good!  We need to have this once a week!"  Not gonna lie - that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Believe it or not, this...



Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast in Beer


This pot roast really packs in a lot of flavor and is so simple to make.  You don't even need the hassle of searing the meat.  The only liquid used is beer, which adds a beautiful depth of deliciousness to the pot roast.       

Note:  For this recipe, I recommend using a lighter beer or one with 20 IBU...



Corned Beef Hash

I don't know about you, but I always find myself with leftover corned beef after Saint Patrick's Day.  I had originally planned on making Reuben sandwiches with the leftovers, but I'm in a breakfast for dinner kind of mood.  Try using your leftover corned beef in this delicious hash with some...

Tequila Nachos Supreme with Ground Beef

Whether it's for a large party or a fun family night in, these nachos are easy to make and will be a hit!  Crispy nachos covered in seasoned ground beef are topped in a delicious tomato and bean mixture that is soaked in tequila.  




Celeste's Chili

Every stinking week we have another snowstorm!  10 inches of snow today and another 4-to-6 inches in the forecast for tomorrow.  Please, make it stop!  While I wasn't keen on shoveling the heavy, wet snow from my car, it was rather lovely to have a lazy snow day 


Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Taco Bowls

Dump it, set it, forget it!  These chipotle steak taco bowls are not only easy to make, but they're bursting with flavor and require very little effort on your part.  Simply add the ingredients to your crock pot in the morning, turn the heat on low, and come...


Quick Bolognese Sauce

It was Friday evening.  I asked my little sous chef, "If you could have anything in the world to eat, whether I cook it or we go out, what would it be?"  Within a split second, her answer was, "Spaghetti and meat sauce!"  Unfortunately, my favorite recipe takes about 3 hours from start to finish and it was already 4:00 PM, so I asked her for a second option.  As she was contemplating...


Southwestern Stuffed Pepper Burgers

Grilling out tonight?  Try this delicious new twist on a burger!  Stuffed peppers are grilled, topped with spicy pepper jack cheese, and then paired with a creamy, tangy cilantro-lime dressing.  These burgers are bursting with flavor!  


Slow-Roasted BBQ Beef Spare Ribs


Have you done much grilling this summer?  So far, we've grilled ribs, shrimp, steak, chicken, sausage, burgers, corn, potatoes, and various veggies and fruits.  The other day, we grilled up some pretty delicious, sticky barbecue beef ribs...



Grilled Tequila Flank Steak with Tequila-Cilantro Sauce


Firing up the grill?  Try this grilled tequila flank steak with tequila-cilantro sauce.  The marinade is repurposed to make a sauce that is tangy and oh, so delicious.  Tequila!


Slow-Cooker Cuban Steak Tacos with Mojo Cream Sauce

I don't know about you but 85 degrees in the middle of May is not my ideal spring day.  Because my husband and I are pushing ourselves to see how long...



Crock Pot Meat Pie

Today I celebrate 500 recipes on Cooking Creation!  It's kind of hard to believe that I have posted 500 recipes in the last three short years.  Of all of the meals that I make for my family, my husband's favorite is meat pie.  Meat pie is a savory pie consisting of...

Reuben Sandwiches with Homemade Thousand Island Dressing

Is it really the middle of March already?!  With Saint Patrick's Day not very far away, I decided to whip up one of my favorite hot sandwiches for dinner, the Reuben...


Dude food at its finest!  Kick back a few of these babies during the game.  Cheesy, smoky, crispy, sweet, tangy, chewy - so many wonderful things going on in this little slider!  

Braised Steak & Vegetable Rolls in Red Wine

A lot has happened since my last post.  Hurricane Sandy ripped through the East Coast and caused immense damage to so many.  With the strong steady wind, intense wind gusts, downed trees all around,  and transformers exploding down...




Beef Daube Provencal (French Beef Stew)

This classic French beef stew has become a top 10 favorite meal for my family.  It is a hearty, company-worthy dish with rich, deep flavor that will have your guests raving.  Serve it with a side of egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.  Delicious! 


Slow-Cooked Pot Roast with Red Wine & Rosemary


It doesn't get much better than a hearty pot roast after a long, hard day of work on a chilly evening.  Unwind while you dig into this savory dish.  Yum!



Italian Pork & Beef Stuffed Peppers



The garden is bursting with fruits and vegetables right now and I have been trying to use up zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, green beans, etc.  While I prefer not to fire up the oven for extended periods of time during the hot days of summer, I...


Spaghetti alla Bolognese

I wanted to highlight one of my family's top 10 favorite recipes today, spaghetti alla bolognese. Bolognese is a ragu (meat-based sauce) that is hearty and packs in a whole lot of flavor.  The key to making amazing bolognese is allowing...


Spaghetti & Meatball Cups


This recipe was inspired by my Italian Rigatoni Pie.  These little spaghetti and meatball cups are great as an appetizer or even as a main course, especially if you're interested in portion control. 



Italian Rigatoni Pie



I am so excited about this recipe today!  I got the idea from Martha Stewart and while I stuck to the basic instructions, I made a lot of changes to the ingredients.  The results?  It was absolutely fantastic!  My family loved it and I will definitely...


Reuben Wraps

Do you have corned beef and cabbage leftover from Saint Patrick's Day?  Last year, I utilized the leftovers to make rosemary corned beef and carrot pasta but this year...



Reuben Potato Skins

This isn't a recipe as much as it is an idea for your leftover corned beef.  My husband and I made these Reuben potato skins last night and they were delicious!  Have a happy and safe Saint Patrick's Day! 





Every year around Saint Patrick's Day, I serve corned beef and cabbage to my family.  My husband and daughter enjoy the beef, carrots and potatoes the most but I find myself enjoying the cabbage more than anything because it...



One late night, my husband and I were watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and we simultaneously found ourselves drooling over a restaurant's version of Ropa Vieja.  Ropa Vieja is a Cuban dish, which is Spanish for "old clothes" because it resembles a...




If you really want to impress your dinner guests for the holidays or any special occasion, I highly recommend this beef tenderloin recipe.  It is a restaurant-quality dish that I would pay a pretty penny for.  The meat is extremely tender and flavorful...



In case you were unaware, I am a proud (and somewhat obsessed) couponer.  I'm talking coupon binder in tow at the grocery store, stock piled pantry at home, etc.  After clipping Sunday newspaper coupons, organizing them in my binder, scoping out...



Chicken Fried Steak & Gravy

I am very happy and proud to say that I got my husband hooked on Guy Fieri's show, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network.  One night while we were watching it, Guy stopped in at a restaurant and had chicken fried steak.  It looked...  


Southwestern Burgers with Chipotle Sauce

Remember the addicting creamy cheddar chipotle sauce recipe that I posted a few days ago?  I decided to use it on burgers to give them a southwestern spin.  My family l


Smokey Asian-Style Homemade Beef Jerky - In the Oven


Making your own jerky is incredibly easy.  From BBQ to honey mustard, you can easily control the flavor to your liking!  There is no need for use of a dehydrator because you can slowly roast these babies in the oven, although a dehydrator would...


Shepherd's Pie

I had contemplated using this recipe for the next edition of "Fridge Fridays" but decided against such since mashed potatoes was the main ingredient last time.  This is a meal that I tend to make with leftover mashed potatoes.  Yesterday...



Cheddar, Green Olive & Onion Stuffed Meatballs

There is something about the combination of cheddar and green olive that I adore.  I have stuffed meatballs with lots of different things, my favorite of which is pepperoni, mozzarella...

Rosemary Corned Beef & Carrot Pasta

First of all, I wanted to say that my heart is so heavy because of what is going on in Japan.  We sit comfortably in our warm homes having dinner with our families and those we love when there are people out there tonight who are deprived of so many things and...


I had several hours of free time today, so I finally did it... I tackled Boeuf Bourguignon, which I adapted from Julia Child's recipe. There are a lot of steps and the process is a bit lengthy but trust me when I say that this is so worth the time and effort! My house...

Surf & Turf with Chimichurri Sauce

My sweet neighbor recently gave me a ton of fresh parsley. I have been cooking with it here and there but freshness time is coming to an end and I have about 1 cup left. We are having surf and turf (flank steak and shrimp) for dinner tonight and making...




Meatball Sub Pierogi 

My husband has been craving pierogi for the past several days and we found ourselves with some extra time Sunday night to make them.  It turned out to be a very special day because my little sous chef was able to stuff, seal and boil the pierogi all...


Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff


As if life wasn't already crazy enough, I have to fit in planning for my daughter's Hello Kitty-themed birthday party for this Saturday AND I have been summoned to jury duty tomorrow. Because of jury duty, my work schedule has shifted drastically...



Homemade Taco Pizza

Happy Veteran's Day! I was originally planning on making something red, white and blue but that fell through. Red tomatoes, white crust and a blue plate close enough, though?   


Chuck Eye Steak with Onion & Green Pepper in a Red Wine Sauce


My daughter has piano lessons every Tuesday at 5:00, which leaves very little time for dinner preparation, so I normally make a quick-and-easy dinner or a crock pot meal. I decided on a hearty steak and mashed potato dinner tonight because...



Beef & Rice Burrito


Busy, busy day today! Not much time for cooking but that doesn't mean we can't have something that tastes yummy! My husband had recently mentioned in passing that he would like a beef burrito, so you know that I jumped all over that. He is one...


Asian-Style Beef & Broccoli over Rice

I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to replicate the "brown sauce" they use in the Chinese restaurants. Anyone have a recipe or know someone who actually works in a Chinese restaurant? No matter how many recipes claim...



Four Cheese, Spinach & Beef Stuffed Shells

was planning on using some leftovers for shepherd's pie tonight for dinner but I was really in the mood for stuffed shells. The problem is, I decided on a whim to make it and I had no ricotta and no cottage cheese. So, I thought cream cheese would be a nice...

Steak & Mushroom Soup

We had grilled flank steak with mashed potatoes last week for dinner. My husband is not a big fan of eating leftover steak but I found a way to get him to do it and enjoy it! I decided to use the steak in a soup and it turned out wonderful! This may...


Today is the first day of autumn! YAY! It also is getting up to 90 degrees. BOO! I would normally braise the chuck roast with the aid of the oven but there is no way I was about to make my poor air conditioning work that hard; therefore, I decided to use...


Arrabbiata Spaghetti & Meatballs

My husband and daughter asked for spaghetti and meatballs again for dinner. If I've said it before, I'll say it again: My family would eat spaghetti and meatballs three times a week if I allowed them to. I have been on this spicy kick recently, so I decided...


Simple Grilled Flank Steak


My husband is an A1 sauce addict when it comes to his steak. At dinner tonight, he took the first bite and the words "this doesn't even need A1 sauce" came out of his mouth and I nearly fell over. It grilled perfectly. Seared on the outside, juicy...



Cheeseburger Topped with Homemade Old-Fashioned Onion Rings

When we decided to grill burgers for dinner tonight, my husband had a great idea to add the onion rings I had made to our burgers. This was SO delicious! My daughter said, "You're a great cook, mama! I wish my mouth was bigger so I could eat more!" Success!


Italian Wedding Soup

YUM! And yes, this deserves an adjective in all caps. This is my favorite soup of all time. The only downside to this recipe is that I seem to never make enough of it. I double the recipe and wish I had tripled it. I triple it and wish I had quadrupled it. You can substitute...


Beef BBQ Sandwiches Topped with French Fried Onions


Since I made some BBQ sauce today, I am of course going to be using it this evening for dinner. The French's fried onions were the perfect addition to this sandwich. This is one of those meals that you keep eating even when you are full because...



Swedish Meatballs over Egg Noodles



My husband specifically requested Swedish meatballs for dinner some time this week. Not a problem. As I was looking around for a good recipe, I realized that I have never once tried a Swedish meatball in my life. Deprived? Maybe. Have you ever...


Stove Top Meat Pie

Our local grocery store had a manager special on chuck shoulder steak, so I decided for dinner to make Beef Stew Pie. My favorite way of making the stew is in the crock pot (easier) but that takes 8-10 hours at least and I ran out of time because of work. 



Classic Sloppy Joes

My freezer is overloaded with meat and I have been slowly chipping away at it. I have a bottle chili sauce that expires at the end of May, so I pulled out some ground beef and decided to make some Sloppy Joes, one of my daughter's favorites. I served this with my homemade french fries.





Taco Night Casserole

My daughter wanted tacos tonight for dinner but I had no taco shells on hand. I did, however, have some tortilla chips, so I thought I would try something new. Also, the weather has turned very chilly, so using the oven is no big deal today. I found a taco bake...


Chicken & Beef Kabobs


There is no better way to celebrate the first day of spring than by a grill surrounded by those closest to you. It was a beautiful, sunny, 70-degree day. I have never used an outdoor grill and I never intend to. I don't know why I have no desire to do it, but...



Busy Night Taco Salad

Yesterday was one of those crazy days, so I decided to nix the pork meal that I had planned and make a speedy-but-delicious salad instead.  Can you ever go wrong with a taco salad?  I think not!



1 comment:

  1. I have found this site. You can visit this site to boost your click speed specially for gamer who can check his or her click speed and can boost it Butterfly Click Speed Test

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: