January 23, 2009

Asian

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!





The Eagles are going to the Super Bowl!!  That was a fantastic game!  There were so many moments last night, where my husband and I would look at each other in disbelief of what we were witnessing.   

What made the game even sweeter were these sushi stacks!  Don't let the picture fool you; these babies are a lot bigger than your average piece of sushi.  The ingredients...



Well, it's official:  After a lot of prayer, we've decided to start homeschooling my little sous chef starting the next school year!  I'm both excited and nervous for this new adventure we're about to embark upon.  Seventh grade is no joke, and I've been spending countless hours researching curriculum, obsessing over state laws, etc.  One of my plans is to get her cooking...



Looking for a go-to, restaurant-quality, never-ordering-take-out-again beef and broccoli recipe?  This is it!  No wok required.  It's seriously delicious, super easy to make, ready in under 30 minutes (including marinating time!), and much healthier than take-out. 




It's been two months already since we've moved into our new home.  Because of the timing of our settlement date, I got a little bit of a late start with my new garden.  I'm just now beginning to harvest zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, green beans, etc.  Better late than never!  I had the exciting discovery of black cherry trees and a Chester Thornless Black Raspberry bush in my backyard...





What's with my two-and-a-half month hiatus from food blogging?  I've had a very good reason.  We just bought and moved into a new house!  I'm surprised at how quickly this place has felt like home to us.  It is taking me some time, however, to adjust to a new kitchen.  I still haven't had time... 




Wednesdays have turned out to be quite the busy day for us this year.  Once school lets out for the day, it's Girls on the Run until 5:00 followed by a mad rush to finish homework.  We then prepare & eat dinner all before dance practice from 6:30 to 8:00.  This is one of my favorite meals for busy...




Vegetarian Cauliflower Fried "Rice"

We're expected to get about a foot of snow between today and tomorrow!  Since my little sous chef and I were snowed in today and I was able to finish work early, I decided to venture into the kitchen and try something different.  I've been noticing cauliflower being used in place of rice in recipes, and I've wanted to try it for myself for quite some...



15-Minute Shrimp Mei Fun

We've been pretty busy lately, so I've been making a lot of my quick and easy dinners.  Of all of my 15-minute meals, this one is my family's favorite.  It's better than anything you can get from Chinese take-out (or so my husband proclaims), and it is incredibly easy to make.  Mei fun simply means thin rice noodles, which you can find in the foreign section of your grocery store...




I am obsessed with my griddle.  It was a gift from my lovely mother last Christmas, and I honestly don't know how I survived without it before!  This past spring and summer, I have literally cooked 90% of my meals on it.  I especially enjoy making stir fry on the griddle because there is much more cooking surface to work with.  In this stir fry, I used freshly picked organic zucchini from the garden, and...



Asian Salmon Burgers with Orange-Ginger Slaw

School is out and we've been busy enjoying the beautiful weather, so blogging has kind of taken a little backseat these past two weeks.  These salmon burgers are a great summer meal because they're easy, delicious and ready in 15 minutes!  You don't have to spend copious...



NY Strip Steak & Chicken Stir Fry with Jasmine Rice


Here's another goodie that's going on the "My Favorite Recipes" page!  My little sous chef closed her eyes and said, "Mm!  Oh, this is good!  *chomp*  Mm!  *smack*  I want to eat this every day!"  My husband pounded his fist on the table and shouted, "This is darn good!  We need to have this once a week!"  Not gonna lie - that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Believe it or not, this...




It was a mounds-of-dishes-from-the-night-before-that-I-was-too-tired-to-clean-because-the-dishwasher-was-full-of-clean-dishes-that-I-didn't-want-to-put-away-either type of morning.  Fast forward 8 hours of a crazy work day, and those same dishes were still there.  Amazing.  I was done working for the day, so I rolled up my sleeves, turned up some music, and got...



Crab Rangoon Dip & Homemade Wonton Chips

Last night was a big night for us.  Eagles versus Cowboys for a chance to go to the playoffs.  I was cautiously optimistic, but if history is a good predictor of the future, at the very least, I was going to have something good to snack on!  I had made our favorite crab cakes...


Pad Thai with Chicken, Shrimp & Tofu


Tied for my number one food weakness in life are sushi and pad Thai.  Whenever I absolutely love a certain dish at a restaurant, I always work to recreate it at home.  Recreating sushi is easy but pad Thai has been another story for me.  I have tried many...



Pork Wonton Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms


My favorite time of year is upon us.  Yesterday was the first day that my air conditioners were silenced to allow the fresh, cool air dance around inside my home.  A lot of people try to hold on to summer as...


Pork Pot Stickers

My husband has been asking me to make pot stickers for the last month and it wasn't until this past weekend that I was able to finally make them.  These pot stickers are so tasty and well-worth the time and effort...



Sesame Chicken

My husband suggested sesame chicken for dinner one night this past week.  The last time I blogged about sesame chicken, my daughter and I really enjoyed it but my husband was not very fond of it.  I thought I would switch things up quite a bit with the recipe and...

Thai Red Curry Shrimp

For the remainder of the month (and part of the next), my life schedule is going to be crazy.  Between appointments, work, the end of the school year, family stuff and a soon-to-be addition to our family (my brother and sister-in-law), I really need quick and easy meals...


Opt for a healthier choice for your Super Bowl festivities this year without sacrificing flavor!  I came up with these buffalo broccoli bites after feeling guilty about my lack of healthy snacks.  These bites are breaded in Panko crumbs, baked in the oven and...

Asian Peanut Pork with Vegetables and Noodles

Of all my recipes, the most popular (most viewed and most commented on) are the desserts.  Even though this is primarily a cooking blog, as opposed to a baking blog, it really comes as no surprise to me.  Can you guess what the least popular recipes are?  




Chinese Chicken & Green Beans

My husband special requested this meal for dinner tonight. As I have said before my family is crazy about Chinese food.  This is another meal that is perfect for your busy week nights.  Be sure to have all of your ingredients measured, chopped...


Chicken Mei Fun


My family loves Chinese food and we could easily live the rest of our lives eating nothing but it.  Every Monday as I am preparing meals for the week and making my grocery list, I ask my husband if there is anything specific he would like for dinner.  He normally...



Easy Chicken & Broccoli Udon Stir Fry



This is an exceptional Asian dish that is perfect for very busy days and a great way to utilize leftovers.  It is made within 15 minutes and eliminates the need to get takeout.  You can substitute the chicken for any kind of meat and the broccoli for any kind of vegetable(s)...


Asian-Style Shrimp, Vegetables & Rice

My husband has been asking me to make pot stickers for the last month and it wasn't until this past weekend that I was able to finally make them.  These pot stickers are so tasty and well-worth the time and effort...


Asian-Style Beef & Broccoli over Rice


I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to replicate the "brown sauce" they use in the Chinese restaurants. Anyone have a recipe or know someone who actually works in a Chinese restaurant? No matter how many recipes claim to have it perfected and no matter how much I experiment, it's just not right. What could be the...



Asian-Style Chicken, Zucchini & Rice


Since it was 96 degrees today and I had already used my oven to bake macaroni and cheese for lunch, I felt guilty firing it up again, so I decided to make a stove-top dinner. My whole family loves this meal. The chicken always comes out so tender...


Inside-Out Philadelphia Sushi Roll with Spicy Sauce

If you know me well, you know that I am a lover of all things sushi. This is my second favorite type of sushi. I could eat nothing but sushi for the rest of my life and be happy...



Sesame Chicken & Sugar Snap Peas over Rice

I loved this recipe and thought it was very tasty. My husband, however, did not. You see, my husband is in one word, picky. I love complex tastes and textures. I want to always try something new but he would love to eat spaghetti and meatballs...




Peanut-Sauced Shrimp & Rice Noodles

This is a perfect summer meal that is easy, fast and healthy. Yummy!


Tofu, Green Pepper & Carrot Stir Fry


Today is my birthday. Don't bother asking my age because this is the first year that I will probably lie about it. I have received some lovely happy birthday wishes and tons of flowers and cards from family and close friends. My husband wanted to take...



Asian-Style Chicken, Mixed Vegetables & Rice


Today is another amazingly beautiful spring day. Because it was up to about 80 degrees today, the last thing I wanted to do was fire up my oven, so I decided on a skillet dinner. This is so good and it has to be for my daughter to ask for seconds! The best thing about this meal is...


Asian-Style Marinade

This is my new favorite Asian marinade. I am having company over this weekend and we are having steak and chicken kabobs marinated in this recipe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: