September 29, 2009

Soup & Stew

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!




We are officially through our home school year!  My, that went by quickly!  Now that it's summer break and I have a little extra time on my hands, I hope to post recipes more frequently than I have been.  

It's been four months since I started on the Keto diet.  I originally intended to use it as a tool to lose the extra weight that I put on over...



Well, it's official:  After a lot of prayer, we've decided to start homeschooling my little sous chef starting the next school year!  I'm both excited and nervous for this new adventure we're about to embark upon.  Seventh grade is no joke, and I've been spending countless hours researching curriculum, obsessing over state laws, etc.  One of my plans is to get her cooking...




I've had my house decorated for Christmas since the first week in November.  If you think I'm crazy, that's okay - so do my friends and family.  I've just been so excited to spend our first Christmas in our new house!  I did exercise some restraint by not plugging in my outdoor lights until after Thanksgiving.  Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can finally let my inner Christmas freak out!  It's been amazing...

Superfood Quinoa & Three-Bean Chili (Vegetarian)

Oh, to be a kid again and wake up to find you have a two-hour delay from school!  When I was a kid, winter was my favorite time of year, and everything seemed to be magically followed by a hot cup of cocoa.  Now?  Not so much.  Right now, you could ice skate on my driveway, my car is covered in ice, the air hurts my face, and I really don't want to know what my electric heat is...



Spaghetti Squash, Chicken & Broccoli Soup with Cinnamon

Nothing satisfies the soul on a cold autumn day quite like a warm bowl of homemade soup.  This is a delicious lightened up version of chicken and broccoli soup that is both hearty and healthy.  Instead of using pasta or rice, I added roasted spaghetti squash.  What...




At the start of autumn, I always make one of my husband's top-ten favorite meals, beef pot pie.  (We call it meat pie here.)  I had planned to make it for dinner, but there was one little problem - my little sous chef came down with a cold and wasn't feeling well all day.  Thankfully, she had no school for the Jewish holiday, so she could rest.  However, I still...



Step-By-Step Chicken & Vegetable Soup From Scratch


In my last few blog posts, I touched on how and why we are spring cleaning both our diet and our budget.  We have rotisserie chicken about once a week for dinner, and I usually end up using the leftover chicken in another meal that week.  This time, I wanted to try to stretch out...

Tuscan Three Bean & Bacon Soup with Kale

We woke up to another four inches of snow this morning.  Uncle!  Who's moving to Florida with me?  I'll start packing.  While the snowstorms have interfered with a lot of our precious plans this past month, they didn't stop us from celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary.  Life is so amazing when you're married to your best friend!  We had a lovely time away.  However...



Every stinking week we have another snowstorm!  10 inches of snow today and another 4-to-6 inches in the forecast for tomorrow.  Please, make it stop!  While I wasn't keen on shoveling the heavy, wet snow from my car, it was rather lovely to have a lazy snow day 



Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie

We all evolve over time.  We try to better ourselves and learn new things.  Sometimes we fail but we pick ourselves up, shake off the dirt, learn from the experience, and move on.  I can see it in my life as a wife, as a mother, as a follower of Jesus, as a...


Roasted Carrot Soup

My lovely mother was raving over some carrot soup that she and my dad love, so I asked her to forward the recipe to me one day.  I finally got around to trying it and I'm so glad that I did!  It's rich, creamy, and perfect for a chilly autumn day.  The fennel and 

Homemade Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup

Soup weather is upon us!  The stuff from a can doesn't compare to homemade.  All you need is a little time and love and you can enjoy a healthy and hearty soup that is satisfying to the soul.  


Shrimp, Potato & Corn Chowder

Freshly picked vegetables from the garden were used in this divinely delicious and hearty chowder.  This is a family favorite.  Try it - you will not be disappointed!  I served this with my Cheddar & Garlic Biscuits, another family favorite. 



Crock Pot Meat Pie

Today I celebrate 500 recipes on Cooking Creation!  It's kind of hard to believe that I have posted 500 recipes in the last three short years.  Of all of the meals that I make for my family, my husband's favorite is meat pie.  Meat pie is a savory pie consisting of...

Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Tortilla Stew

Make a New Year's resolution to have a healthy diet?  Try this delicious spicy chicken tortilla stew!  It's healthy, low in calories and oh, so good!  Simply throw the ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and return home in the evening to the...

Beef Daube Provencal (French Beef Stew)

This classic French beef stew has become a top 10 favorite meal for my family.  It is a hearty, company-worthy dish with rich, deep flavor that will have your guests raving.  Serve it with a side of egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.  Delicious! 



Pork Wonton Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms

My favorite time of year is upon us.  Yesterday was the first day that my air conditioners were silenced to allow the fresh, cool air dance around inside my home.  A lot of people try to hold on to summer as long as they possibly can but I always find myself...


Corned Beef & Cabbage with Potatoes and Carrots



Every year around Saint Patrick's Day, I serve corned beef and cabbage to my family.  My husband and daughter enjoy the beef, carrots and potatoes the most but I find myself enjoying the cabbage more than anything because it has almost a...

Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo

My husband bought 3 pounds of raw shrimp that I have been trying to use it up this week, making sure none goes to waste.  On Monday, I made shrimp Alfredo.  On Wednesday, I made pad Thai shrimp (recipe to come).  On Thursday, I made Cajun shrimp...


Split Pea & Ham Soup


We had a ham for dinner the other night with plenty of it left over.  It was a very chilly autumn night and I decided to use the remaining ham in some split pea soup.  I started with Emeril Lagassee's recipe and made some changes to it.  Fearful that my daughter...



German Sausage Chowder


Between the chilly nights, harvesting the garden, canning and freezing, back-to-school shopping and the sweet smell of football in the air, I must admit that I am in complete autumn mode.  It is a wonderful season for the foodie that brings pears, figs, pumpkins...   


Homemade Vegetable Soup

I try to have a bowl of soup for lunch every day because it is healthy and filling.  When I realized that I was low on my stock of soup, I raided the refrigerator and gathered up as many different vegetables as I could find.  Soup is one of those things that always...



Southern Chicken & Pastry

We had my mom, dad and Granddaddy over for dinner last night.  My Granddaddy was raised in eastern North Carolina and has the cutest southern drawl.  I asked him what specifically he would like to eat when he came over.  One of his favorite southern meals is...




Rosemary Double Noodle Chicken Soup

The sickness that my daughter had wasn't the flu after all. It was a seven-day stomach virus that has been going around the schools. She is just starting to get over it, thankfully. But wouldn't you know, my husband woke up at 4:00 this morning with the...


New England Clam Chowder

My husband has a cold and I thought that a hot bowl of soup would help to make him feel better. This is one of my absolute favorite recipes. If you like New England Clam Chowder, you will love this recipe.

Pennsylvania Dutch Turkey Pot PieHere in Pennsylvania-Dutch land, pot pie is traditionally made with noodles, not pie crust. I have oodles of turkey, some corn and some carrots and a bunch of homemade turkey stock leftover from Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey pot pie is a great way to use up...


Peanut Butter-Pumpkin Soup

I have come across a rather large amount of recipes recently using the combination of pumpkin, peanut butter and pureed butternut squash or sweet potatoes in soup and I am crazy about the idea, especially considering how healthy it is. All caught...


Steak & Mushroom Soup

We had grilled flank steak with mashed potatoes last week for dinner. My husband is not a big fan of eating leftover steak but I found a way to get him to do it and enjoy it! I decided to use the steak in a soup and it turned out wonderful! This may...

Dal Makhani (Indian Vegetarian Stew)

I would first like to start off by saying, thank you so very much for all of your votes and support in this challenge! I was so thrilled when I found out that I advanced to the next level in Project Food Blog!

Seafood Chowder

Seafood has been on my brain recently for some reason. Yesterday, we had shrimp with gnocchi, today we are having seafood chowder, and we are actually having Pollock for dinner in a couple of days. Maybe it is because we are starting to prepare to go...


Italian Wedding Soup

YUM! And yes, this deserves an adjective in all caps. This is my favorite soup of all time. The only downside to this recipe is that I seem to never make enough of it. I double the recipe and wish I had tripled it. I triple it and wish I had quadrupled it.



Baked Potato Soup



There has been a lot of talk recently about potato soup everywhere I go it seems, causing me to crave it. Since today was another beautiful 80-degree spring day, another stove-top meal was called for. Also, baking potatoes are on sale this week for super cheap, so it all just makes sense. This is my favorite potato...


Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Stew

This is great for those busy days and cold nights.  I give this a 5/5 stars when sour cream and tortilla strips are added. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: