March 7, 2011

Quick and Easy Chicken and Broccoli Udon Stir Fry



This is an exceptional Asian dish that is perfect for very busy days and a great way to utilize leftovers.  It is made within 15 minutes and eliminates the need to get takeout.  You can substitute the chicken for any kind of meat and the broccoli for any kind of vegetable(s).  The secret to the amazing flavor is the teriyaki sauce.  Mike Pagliaro introduced me to this teriyaki sauce and it really is the best bottled kind I have ever had.  For those hectic week nights when there is not much time to put a meal on the table, you should have a bottle of Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce in your pantry.  You can find it at Costco and BJ's.



Can you believe that spring right around the corner?!  Autumn is my absolute favorite time of the year but my second is right when the flowers begin to sprout after a long, cold winter.  Last Friday, it was sunny and 60 degrees and I sat next to my garden and giggled when I saw that my crocuses have started to bloom.


Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
Recipe by Mike Pagliaro, owner of Apple Spice Junction
  • 3/4 lb chicken 
  • 8 oz udon noodles (Japanese Buckwheat noodles)
  • 1 1/2 c broccoli, chopped 
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced 
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil 
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 
  • Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce, as needed 
Directions:

Start a pot of salted water and bring to a boil.  Cook the udon noodles. 

Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the broccoli and stir fry until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.  Add the chicken and garlic to the skillet and stir fry until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.  

Drain the udon noodles thoroughly and add them to the skillet with the broccoli and chicken.  Pour teriyaki sauce over all and stir for 1 minute.  

Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love your udon stir-fry. It sounds delicious. The sight of that crocus was such a treat. I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your chicken and broccoli recipe! I included it in a Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes blog on Mr. Food:

    http://www.mrfoodblog.com/quick-and-easy-chicken-recipes/

    Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so good adore quick meals like this

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: