September 15, 2011

Crispy Chicken Wings


Autumn is my favorite season for so many reasons.  The colors, the food, the gorgeous weather... and football!  We sure love our Philadelphia Eagles and if you happen to pass by our house during a game, you will be sure to hear our obnoxiously loud shouting team spirit through the windows.  Last Sunday marked the first Eagles game (which didn't start out so well but ended amazing) and my husband and I decided to cook up some chicken wings for game day.  We made them two ways, breaded and non-breaded.  They both rendered perfectly crispy-on-the-outside and wonderfully tender-on-the-inside wings.  The sauce is simple and delicious and can easily be adjusted to your spice tolerance.  Go Eagles!



Ingredients:
  • Chicken wings and drumsticks
  • For breaded wings:  All-purpose flour, for dredging 
  • 1/2 c hot sauce (I use Frank's)
  • 1/2 c butter (I used margarine) 
Directions:

Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.  If you want breaded wings, coat the chicken in flour; otherwise, skip this step.  

Deep fry for 15 minutes for breaded wings.  Deep fry for 20 minutes for non-breaded wings. 

Meanwhile, make the sauce.  In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the hot sauce and butter.  For a more mild sauce, add butter to taste.  For a spicier sauce, add hot sauce to taste.

Carefully remove the wings and drain them on paper towels.  Coat the wings in the sauce.  Serve with blue cheese, celery and plenty of napkins.

Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Always on the lookout for gameday snacks for when we watch the Texans! These look absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love chicken wings--I can go through like 15 without even feeling bad I love them so much. Great recipe for game days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE crispy wings! That's the only right way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love crispy wings. I use this same recipe too. Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to pretend like i didn't see this because if I "did" see this then I would be making it this weekend in place of the menu I already have planned:) Awesome

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: