Photo and modified recipe by cuckooking.blogspot.com
Original recipe by fortheloveofcooking
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut bite-sized
- 2-3 oz prosciutto, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into large chunks
- 10-20 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 10 asparagus spears, ends trimmed, cut into thirds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of basil, chopped (I only had dried in the pantry this time)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Couscous (I use roasted garlic and olive oil flavored) or brown rice, prepared per instructions
- Fry prosciutto in skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Add olive oil, chicken and onions to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus, tomatoes and prosciutto, season with salt and pepper (if using dried basil, add now) to taste. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is cooked to desired texture.
- Add garlic and stir frequently for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve over couscous. Top with fresh basil and enjoy.