- 1 1/2 lb "London broil"
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced or 1 to 2 tsp dried ground ginger root
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (not pictured)
- Pierce meat shallowly with fork on both sides to allow some of the marinade to penetrate.
- Combine all ingredients in a Ziplock bag and marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Let the meat sit out for 20 minutes prior to cooking, to reach room temperature.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Broil for 5 (rare) to 8 minutes on each side, to desired doneness.
- Take out of oven. Allow meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice into very thin slices with sharp knife against the grain. Do not overcook, as it is better on the rare side.