Recipe and photo by cuckooking.blogspot.com
- 1 c white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 c sour milk (3 parts milk, 1 part vinegar; mix and let stand for 10 minutes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c nuts, chopped (I used roasted salted almonds)
- Nutmeg and cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, bananas, eggs, flour, baking soda, sour mild, salt, vanilla extract and nuts; beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.