March 10, 2010

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies


I have been in a baking mood since I woke up this morning and Madelyn and I finally had some time to get around to baking cookies. I definitely was not in the mood to run to the store, so I was limited to the ingredients in my pantry. These taste just like the girl scout oatmeal peanut butter cookies. It's a little more work than your typical peanut butter cookie, but it is definitely worth it! We kept a few and shipped the rest off with my husband to work. Trying to watch my figure, here!


Ingredients:

  • 3/4 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c butter, softened
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 1/2 c packed light brown sugar (I only had dark brown)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 c quick cooking oats
  • 3 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1 c confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 c smooth peanut butter
  • 2 1/2 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 c butter, 1/2 c peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add egg, beat well.
  3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oats and stir.
  4. Drop by teaspoons on greased baking sheet. Press each mound down with a fork to form 1/4-inch thick cookies. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool.
  5. While cookies are cooking, make the filling: Cream together 3 tbsp butter with confectioners' sugar, 1/2 c smooth peanut butter and cream.
  6. Spread filling onto half of cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: