Photo by cuckooking.blogspot.com
Recipe by fortheloveofcooking
- 1 4-5 lb chicken
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Thyme, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste (not pictured)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, quartered
- 1 lemon
- 8 cloves of garlic
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean and pat chicken dry.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon on chicken and 1/2 inside chicken
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly on entire bird.
- Place onion and cloves of garlic inside cavity along with parsley and used lemon halves.
- Place on roasting tray in tinfoil-lined baking dish (for easy cleanup).
- Pace thermometer in thickest part of thigh, being careful to not touch bone.
- Roast uncovered for 20 minutes/lb of chicken.
- After half hour of roasting, baste chicken and repeat basting every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before carving.
- Carve and enjoy! Remember to save those bones for some homemade chicken stock!