March 4, 2010

Rotini with Chicken, Asparagus, Mushrooms and Homemade Italian Dressing

My husband has to work late tonight. I miss him terribly when he has to work late but I do enjoy the opportunity to experiment without having to explain myself as I go to an ever-curious husband. I was in the mood for some kind of warm pasta dish, have had a jones for mushrooms all day and have also been meaning to try a new homemade Italian dressing recipe that I found on allrecipes.com with rave reviews. It is the end of the week and my fresh vegetables are starting to run a little low and I had some asparagus that I had to use up. Making your own Italian dressing is much healthier for you and you can control the taste by adding or subtracting ingredients. I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and will be making it again, changing up the vegetables as they are available.


Ingredients: 
Recipe and photos by cuckooking.blogspot.com
  • 1 lb Rotini or desired pasta
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 6 to 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and quartered
  • Handful or two of button mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/4 lb cooked chicken (I used leftover roasted chicken from dinner the other night)
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Shredded cheese, to taste (I used a cheddar, Parmesan, Romano mixture)
  • Homemade Italian Dressing (Click here for recipe)
Directions:

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. In the meantime, heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add Asparagus, sprinkle with sea salt to taste and saute for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute to desired doneness of vegetables.
  3. Add cooked chicken to skillet long enough to heat through.
  4. Combine cooked pasta, contents of skillet and homemade Italian dressing (see below for recipe).
  5. Top with shredded cheese.
  6. Serve and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I may just have to try this Celeste!! It looks yummy!! I am looking for new simple recipes according to my blog!! Lol! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: