My husband would eat spaghetti and meatballs three times a week if I allowed for it - literally. It is a close second to his favorite, meat pie. Depending on time, I will either bake or fry my meatballs. It was a beautiful, sunny, warm day and I decided to spend a good portion of the afternoon outside with my daughter = fried meatballs, which just happen to be my husbands favorite way to eat them. I served this with side salad and garlic rye bread. Nothing says comfort food like a hot plate of homemade spaghetti and meatballs.
Recipe and photo by cuckooking.blogspot.com
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Spaghetti sauce
- Warm spaghetti sauce in a medium pan on low heat.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, mix together beef, egg and Worcestershire sauce until well-blended. Add in bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Form meatballs and drop into skillet. Cooking on all sides until deep brown and cooked through; about 15 minutes.
- Place cooked meatballs in sauce, simmer until ready to serve.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles, sprinkle with some Parmesan or Romano and enjoy!