- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 c mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- 1 c beef broth
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a skillet. Add onions and mushrooms to pan. Season with salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine water and flour or cornstarch in small bowl, stir into broth.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, or until thickened.