April 14, 2010

Chicken Marsala

I love chicken Marsala. This is so tender, moist and has a wonderful flavor. This is my go-to recipe for chicken Marsala. Make sure you use a good-quality Marsala wine. Never cook with wine that you would not enjoy drinking from a glass. Because I had no Marsala or Sherry wine on hand this time, I used 3/4 c Merlot wine instead since that is all that I had in my pantry. The taste is just as good. The only difference is that it turns the sauce a purplish color.



Ingredients:

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4-inch thick
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 c sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 c Marsala wine
  • 1/4 c cooking sherry
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 onion, chopped (I used onion powder because I am out of onions)
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 c all-purpose flour, for coating
  • Optional: Parmesan cheese

Directions:

  • Combine flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and oregano in Ziplock bag. Add chicken to coat.
  • In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan and lightly brown one side of chicken.
  • Turn over chicken pieces and add mushrooms and onion to skillet.
  • Pour wine in skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, turning the chicken once until no longer pink.
  • Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: