- 1/2 c warm water
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil PLUS extra for brushing
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle
- 1/2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese, to sprinkle (you can use any cheese -- Romano tastes great; it just won't brown like mozzarella does)
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, salt, sugar. Knead the dough and shape into a round disc.
- Cover and place dough in a warm, dry and moist place and allow to rise, until double.
- Pound down the dough. Press and stretch to form a 12-inch pizza.
- Place dough on a greased pizza pan and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Dock (poke holes) with fork.
**I like to pre-bake the dough early in the day at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, place the toppings on and refrigerate until I'm ready to bake it for dinner. I then throw the pizza in at 425 for 10 to 15 minutes.
To make a pizza without pre-baking:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Top with your favorite toppings. Sprinkle oregano over all.
- Generously brush olive oil over the outer portion where the crust of the pizza is to ensure it does not dry out. I like to sprinkle some garlic salt over it as well.
- Bake until toppings begin to turn brown, about 15 to 18 minutes.