July 4, 2012

Italian Vegetable & Shrimp Pasta Salad


Looking for a last-minute side for your Fourth of July festivities?  Try this easy and delicious pasta salad!  Out of all the different varieties of pasta salad that I have made, this is by far my husband's favorite, handed down from his Aunt Lois.  I love how the pieces of shrimp and vegetables nestle themselves within the pasta shells. 

It happens to also be my Granddaddy's 83rd birthday, so we are celebrating today with a party!  Check out the carved fruit salad I did in his honor at the bottom of the post!  


Happy Independence Day!
Happy 83rd Birthday to my Granddaddy!







Ingredients:

  • 1 lb pasta (I used shells)
  • 1 c Italian dressing
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 c cherry tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 small cucumber, chopped
  • 4 oz cooked shrimp, chopped
  • Cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:


Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add the pasta and cook to al dente according to package instructions.  Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain.  


Add the green pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, shrimp and cheese to the pasta and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.


Chill covered in the refrigerator.


Give it a stir and another taste before serving.  Because the pasta will have absorbed some of the dressing, add more dressing, to taste.  Season again with salt and pepper, if needed.


Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: