Here is something the kids will love for Thanksgiving as a treat!
- 1 bag candy corn
- 1 bag double stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1 bag whoppers
- 1 bag Reese's peanut butter cup
- 1 tube of black piping gel
- 1 tube of white icing
- Yellow and red food coloring
- Put your Peanut Butter Cups in the fridge to cool. If you have cold hard chocolate to work with it makes it a lot easier.
- Squeeze some of the white icing into a bowl. This will be your orange. Mix red and yellow food coloring with the icing to create your desired orange. Then put that into a plastic bag and set it aside for later.
- Begin creating the tail using 1 Oreo cookie and 6 Candy Corns. Gently, with one candy corn, pull apart just one side of the Oreo don't break! Put a good amount of icing in between the two sides. This will help the Candy Corn stay. Place 6 Candy Corn (white side down) in between the cookie.
- Take your white icing and squeeze a generous amount onto the top back of an Oreo cookie. Take the other Oreo and put the bottom into the icing to have it stand up. If it doesn't stand, add more icing. Once you have it stand put it up against something so it does not fall until the icing is dry.
- Remove your Peanut Butter Cup from the fridge. Take your knife and cut off the very bottom so you have a flat surface. Put icing on the bottom of it the bigger flat. Bump it up against the bottom and back of your Oreo cookies.
- Next take your Whopper and squeeze more icing on it on one side. Place the whopper on top of the Peanut Butter Cup to make your head.
- Find a piece of Candy Corn that has a nice big white end. Using your sharp knife cut the color off leaving you with the white end. Place some icing on it and stick it on your whopper as the beak to your Oreo Turkey. Hold for a moment.
- Take your icing and place two white dots as eyes. Get your tube of black piping gel and place a black dot on each eye to make them come alive. (I had little, round black candies)
- Grab your bag of already created orange. Cut a very small hold in the corner of the bag. Pipe the feet.