Internal temperature of 130 degrees for medium-rare/internal temperature of 140 degrees for medium. I cooked mine to about 135 degrees.
- 2.5 lb boneless eye-of-round roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced into paste
- Season the roast with sea salt, cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Remove roast from refrigerator and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat to 250 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place a wire rack on top of it (for easy cleanup).
- Rub entire roast with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Season with remaining ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat and sear roast on all sides including the ends.
- Set roast on wire rack and place in oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow the roast to sit in the oven for 45 minutes. (DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR)
- Remove roast from oven and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice into thin slices and enjoy!