April 13, 2010

Roast Beef with Basil, Parsley, Oregano and Garlic

I have always wanted to make my own roast beef. Eye-of-round was on manager special at my local grocery store, so I had to pick one up. This is my first attempt at roast beef and I am so glad that I tried. This was moist, tender and so good! I served this with garlic mashed potatoes, corn and peas. I cannot wait for roast beef sandwiches tomorrow for lunch! Next time, I am going to try to cut small slits in the beef and place cloves of garlic in them before roasting it. Oh, the possibilities!

Internal temperature of 130 degrees for medium-rare/internal temperature of 140 degrees for medium. I cooked mine to about 135 degrees.



Ingredients:

  • 2.5 lb boneless eye-of-round roast
  • 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
  • 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced into paste

Directions:

  • Season the roast with sea salt, cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
  • Remove roast from refrigerator and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
  • Place oven rack in middle position and preheat to 250 degrees.
  • Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place a wire rack on top of it (for easy cleanup).
  • Rub entire roast with 1 tbsp olive oil.
  • Season with remaining ingredients.
  • Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat and sear roast on all sides including the ends.
  • Set roast on wire rack and place in oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
  • Turn off oven and allow the roast to sit in the oven for 45 minutes. (DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR)
  • Remove roast from oven and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
  • Slice into thin slices and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: