May 1, 2010

Pork Egg Rolls

These egg rolls are SO GOOD -- oh my goodness! My husband raved about them and I basically made myself sick from eating so much of them. I can honestly say that I have never had a more delicious egg roll. I will have fun trying different things with this recipe like using shrimp, adding bean sprouts, etc. I made them with and without pork last night and the taste was just as good. By omitting the meat, it makes a great vegetarian recipe!

Makes 2 egg rolls.

Ingredients:

  • Egg Roll Wrappers
  • 1/4 lb cooked pork
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 c shredded cabbage and carrots (I use bagged coleslaw mix)
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Soy sauce, to taste
  • Oil for frying
Directions:

  • In a large bowl, toss cabbage and carrots with sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder and salt.
  • Over medium heat, saute cabbage mixture in a skillet, until tender.
  • Lay out 1 wrapper with a corner pointed to you. Place half of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold the corner closest to you over about a third of the way up. Fold right and left side corners over. Fold top corner over and seal with a little bit of water. Repeat for the next egg roll.
  • Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
  • Fry egg rolls on each side, seam side facing down first. Fry until lightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: