June 16, 2010

Campanelle with Tomato, Artichoke and Onion

My husband is working late tonight. Although I really dislike him working late, I do take it as an opportunity to cook things that appeal to me and not necessarily to him. It has been quite a while since I have cooked a vegetarian dish and tonight is the perfect night for it. I sure do love the combination of tomato and artichoke.


Ingredients:

  • 8 oz Campanelle pasta, cooked
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 c onion, minced
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 (6 oz) jar artichoke hearts in oil marinade, drained and sliced
  • 2 tbsp dry sherry
  • 1/4 c grated asiago cheese
  • Sugar, dash or to taste
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Parmesan cheese
Directions:
  • Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
  • Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
  • Add tomatoes, sherry, basil, salt, pepper and sugar. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Add artichokes and cook for another 5 minutes.
  • Add asiago cheese, stir until melted.
  • Serve over Campanelle. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: