April 29, 2010

Fettuccine with Spinach and Asiago Meatballs

My husband wanted spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Fresh spinach was on sale at our local grocery store today and I was originally planning on having a meal with pesto sauce but thought it would be nice to incorporate the spinach into the meatballs instead. The weather is still unbelievably hot, so I figured I would fry the meatballs. These turned out very good and my house smelled amazing in the process! I also love sneaking in spinach without my daughter realizing it.

Side note: I have tried pasta sauce recipe after recipe and have yet to find one that can call my go-to recipe. Any suggestions?



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 c Asiago cheese
  • 1 c fresh spinach, chopped
  • 1/4 c Italian-style bread crumbs
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 8 oz fettuccine
  • Prepared pasta sauce
Directions:
  • Cook fettucine according to package directions.
  • In the meantime, combine beef, egg, Asiago cheese, spinach, bread crumbs, sea salt and pepper in a large bowl. Form meatballs.
  • Over low-medium heat, heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, stirring until it becomes fragrant.
  • Add meatballs and cook on all sides, until no longer pink in center.
  • Toss cooked fettucine with tomato sauce and meatballs.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: