- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 pkg imitation crab, cut into slices
- 1 c sushi rice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/4 c cold water
- Lemon juice, squeezed over avocado to keep from browning
- Bamboo mat placed inside of a freezer bag, for easier cleanup
- bowl of water, for easier handling of sticky rice
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 c plus 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- Rinse sushi rice with cold water, until water runs clear; drain.
- Place rice and 1 1/4 cold water in a medium pan, heat on high and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes (do not lift lid during cooking). Remove pan from heat and allow to stand covered for 10 minutes. Stir in rice vinegar.
- Stir together all of the ingredients of the spicy sauce well.
- Lay one sheet of Nori on top of the bamboo mat, textured side up. Wet your hands in the bowl of water to keep rice from sticking to you. Spread rice thinly evenly on top. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the rice evenly.
- Flip the Nori over so the rice is at the bottom and the Nori is on the top. At about 1/4 of the way from the edge closest to you, place cucumber, avocado and crab horizontally across the Nori. You can spread the sauce on now or later - your choice.
- Roll with the bamboo mat.
- Dip a knife into the bowl of water to keep from sticking and cut the sushi roll in half, cutting until you get 8 pieces (dip knife in water every time you cut). You can spread the spicy sauce on top at this point if you did not already.
- Serve and enjoy!