May 20, 2010

Mini Taco Bowls

It takes very little to make me happy. For instance, when I realized you could easily bake a flour tortilla in an oven-proof bowl and make a tortilla bowl, I squealed for joy like a little girl. I have seen the tortilla bowl bakeware online but I do not own one and wish I would remember to buy one when I'm at Target. Unfortunately, I only had 6-inch flour tortillas but that was not going to stop me.


Ingredients:

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Spray oven-proof bowls with cooking spray.
  • Microwave each flour tortilla on high for 15 seconds.
  • Carefully place tortilla in middle of bowl, pressing down and around on the inside for a good fit.
  • Bake for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, brown beef over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
  • Add taco seasoning and water.
  • Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Put a thin layer of lettuce on the bottom of the taco bowl, to keep from getting soggy.
  • Spoon taco beef and other toppings into the taco bowl to taste.
  • Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious and a unique way of serving them! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: