June 1, 2010

Swedish Meatballs Over Egg Noodles

My husband specifically requested Swedish meatballs for dinner some time this week. Not a problem. As I was looking around for a good recipe, I realized that I have never once tried a Swedish meatball in my life. Deprived? Maybe. Have you ever tried to cook something and you're not sure what it is supposed to to taste like? Thankfully, I found a recipe with solid ratings on Recipezaar that I tweaked a tad. My husband said it was spot on and I got to taste my first Swedish meatballs tonight.


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 1/2 tbsp onion salt
  • 3/4 c Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c skim milk
  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 1/4 c flour
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 2 c water
  • 1/2 c sour cream
Directions:

  • Mix together beef, onion salt, bread crumbs, parsley, 2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, egg and milk.
  • Shape into meatballs.
  • Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.  Add the meatballs and cook on all sides, until cooked through.  Remove the meatballs and drain on paper towels. 
  • In the same skillet, whisk in the flour, paprika, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper, stirring constantly until smooth.
  • Stir in water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. 
  • Turn down heat to low and gradually stir in sour cream.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste. 
  • Add meatballs to the sauce.
  • Serve over egg noodles.
  • Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. that looks fantastic! lovin' your site, stop on over, I left you an award!!

    anne
    www.anniebakes.net

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: