June 18, 2010

Baked Lemon-Basil Haddock

When I was growing up, the only fish my mother would serve was salmon and rarely flounder. My husband introduced me to haddock after we were married. It has a very mild "fishy" taste (my husband especially loves that about it). I have cooked this a number of ways but I found, in my humble opinion, that baking it and keeping the seasonings simple yields the best results.



Ingredients:

  • 1 lb haddock filets
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • Sea salt, to taste
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Lay haddock filets in a foil-lined baking sheet. If there is skin on the bottom of the fish, place it directly on an un-greased baking sheet. Once the fish is cooked, the skin with stick to the baking sheet but the fish will be easily removed.
  • Combine butter and lemon in a small bowl and pour evenly over the haddock.
  • Season with basil, paprika and salt.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes.
  • Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I used coconut oiled Pan and just put the butter pads on top and it was delicious thank you

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: