July 21, 2010

Banana Nut Sorbet Without an Ice Cream Maker

My sister is pregnant with her second child and we were talking today about what she was craving. She told me that she was craving sorbet. I suggested she make it since it is fairly easy to make and that conversation really put me in the mood for it. This will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! The nuts compliment the banana perfectly. One of these days, I will purchase an ice cream maker but, in the meantime, I am content making frozen treats without one!


Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 2 to 3 tbsp chopped nuts


Directions:
  • In a large bowl, mash up the bananas.
  • Stir in the lemon juice and honey. Whisk together vigorously (or use a food processor) until there are virtually no lumps (I personally like a little lumpiness).
  • Stir in the nuts.
  • Pour into freezer-safe container. Freeze for 2 hours.
  • Remove from freezer and whisk.
  • Return to the freezer and whist once every hour for 4 hours.
  • Enjoy! Feel free to drizzle with some chocolate or caramel!


1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Celeste!
    It sounds like a clever recipe!
    I can see myself handle it :)I can't resist banana!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: