June 24, 2010

Cheeseburger Topped with Homemade Old-Fashioned Onion Rings

When we decided to grill burgers for dinner tonight, my husband had a great idea to add the onion rings I had made to our burgers. This was SO delicious! My daughter said, "You're a great cook, mama! I wish my mouth was bigger so I could eat more!" Success!


Ingredients:
Serves 4

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c bread crumb
  • Hamburger buns, toasted
  • 1 large sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
  • 1 1/4 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c milk
  • 3/4 c dry bread crumbs
  • Seasoned salt, to taste
  • 1 qt oil, for frying
Directions:

  • In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Dip onion slices into the flour mixture, until coated; set aside.
  • Whisk egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork.
  • Dip floured rings into the batter to coat. Allow excess to drip off of the onion rings for a moment.
  • Pour 3/4 c bread crumb into a shallow bowl. Coat the onion rings and set them aside
  • In a large bowl, mix together beef, 1/4 c bread crumb and egg. Shape into patties.
  • Grill in outdoor grill to desired doneness.
  • Meanwhile, preheat deep fryer for 365 degrees.
  • Deep fry the onion rings for 2 to
    3 minutes, until golden brown.
  • Season the onion rings with seasoned salt.
  • Arrange burger using your favorite condiments. Top with onion rings.
  • ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. wow i could go for that about now1 lucky you,

    anne
    www.anniebakes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay - you can come over to my house with the burgers and I'll make dessert! Those onion rings look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: