- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c bread crumb
- Hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c milk
- 3/4 c dry bread crumbs
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- 1 qt oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Dip onion slices into the flour mixture, until coated; set aside.
- Whisk egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork.
- Dip floured rings into the batter to coat. Allow excess to drip off of the onion rings for a moment.
- Pour 3/4 c bread crumb into a shallow bowl. Coat the onion rings and set them aside
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, 1/4 c bread crumb and egg. Shape into patties.
- Grill in outdoor grill to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, preheat deep fryer for 365 degrees.
- Deep fry the onion rings for 2 to
3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Season the onion rings with seasoned salt.
- Arrange burger using your favorite condiments. Top with onion rings.