I, along with many other featured publishers with Foodbuzz around the world, am making my own version of an ultimate banana split for a very good cause. Foodbuzz helped Electrolux and Kelly Ripa raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund by sending two Foodbuzz Featured Publishers to New York and giving them an opportunity to make banana splits with their kids. They then invited Foodbuzz members to join!
To help spread the word and raise money for the OCRF, Foodbuzz is sponsoring a posting challenge and Top 9 takeover! In a Top 9 Takeover, Foodbuzz asks all Featured Publishers to construct a post around a theme, and then for one day only, all Top 9 posts reflect that theme!
For this Electrolux Splits Top 9 Takeover, they wanted us to create the ultimate banana split and post it on our blog. Foodbuzz will also donate $50 for every Banana Split post by a Featured Publisher* created and uploaded to Foodbuzz before 12PM PST on Friday, July 16th.
Kelly Confidential Website - Click here to learn more information and donate money for this cause.
- Pistachio ice cream
- Raspberry ice cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pisctachios, shelled
- Graham crackers
- Cool Whip
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 c flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 tsp of sugar over the raspberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tsp of sugar and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Cut each banana in half and then lengthwise.
- Dip each banana piece in the wet mixture and then dredge in the dry mixture.
- Deep fry for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Arrange 1 package of graham crackers on a large serving plate.
- Spread whip cream over all.
- Drizzle with caramel. Set aside.
- Scoop pistachio, raspberry and chocolate ice cream and arrange the scoops over the whip cream on top of each other to form an ice cream mountain.
- Surround the ice cream with the fried banana.
- Top with raspberries and pistachios.