August 6, 2010

Cheese and Mustard Snowflake Sandwich

I think I created a little foodie monster -- be still, my heart! It was time for lunch today and I ran some options by my daughter. She wanted a sandwich but not in the usual fashion. She told me she had an idea and asked me to pull out some ingredients for her to "play around with". She then proceeded to make her favorite cheese and mustard sandwich into a cheese and mustard snowflake sandwich. I was very impressed and thought it would be a great idea for an appetizer. Then, she asked me to share this recipe on my food blog for everyone to see. I now have a special category on my blog called "My Daughter's Creations" and I am hoping that it will encourage her to use her imagination for cooking more and more. My hope is that she will be making another guest blogger appearance in the near future! So, without further ado, here it is!


Ingredients:

  • 2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
  • 2 slices cheese
  • Mustard, to taste
  • Snowflake cookie cutter
Directions:

  • Lay out the two slices of bread on a cutting board. Carefully press the snowflake cookie cutter into the center of each slice of bread, until it cuts all the way through.
  • Lay out the two slices of cheese on the cutting board. Carefully press the snowflake cookie cutter into each slice of cheese as well, until it cuts all the way through.
  • Place the snowflake-shaped cheese onto one piece of the snowflake-shaped bread.
  • Spread mustard over the top of the cheese and top with the other slice of snowflake-shaped bread.
  • Enjoy!


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: