August 2, 2010

Mediterranean Swordfish

I picked up a couple of swordfish steaks at the grocery store today on manager's sale. My father-in-law gave me some fresh grape tomatoes from his garden the other day, so I decided to go the Mediterranean route with dinner tonight. I got inspiration for the swordfish topping from My Recipes. I loved the taste of this! My husband suggested we grill the swordfish without a marinade next time and just drown it in butter. To each his own!


Ingredients:

Marinade

  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/3 c dry white wine
  • 1/2 of a lemon, freshly juiced
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • Pinch dried thyme
  • Pinch dried rosemary
  • Pinch onion salt
  • Pinch dried marjoram
  • 1 lb swordfish steaks
Topping

  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 c white wine
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 handfuls grape tomatoes, diced
  • 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
  • Sunflower seeds, to taste
  • Red leaf lettuce
Directions:

  • Marinate the swordfish. In a large Ziplock bag, combine all of the ingredients of the marinade. Add the swordfish steaks and marinate in the refrigerator for at least a half hour.
  • Make the topping. In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add onion and cook until tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir constantly for one minute. Reduce heat to low.
  • Add wine, parsley and tomatoes and simmer for ten minutes.

  • Meanwhile, grill the swordfish over medium-high heat for approximately 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until cooked to desired doneness.
  • Plate the swordfish over red leaf lettuce. Pour the contents of the skillet over the swordfish and sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
  • Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I can just taste it! Mmm. I'll have to try this one, to Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how delicious! I'm hungry now...
    Thanks for adding me at foodbuzz. Have a great one. Michael

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: