August 19, 2010

The Next Food Blog Star Challenge

I am going to be completely honest with you -- my fingers are shaking as I type this. Why? Foodbuzz is hosting a competition called "Project Food Blog", a 12-week competition between thousands of featured publisher food bloggers to win the title the next food blog star. The next food blog star will win $10,000 and a special feature on Foodbuzz.com for one year!

Check out my contestant profile here.

This competition is a huge undertaking for me. I am pretty much considered a newbie in the foodie world because I have no professional experience and I have been cooking for less than 5 years. I do, however, have a strong passion for cooking and I believe that puts me on the same playing level as anyone else in the competition.

For the first challenge, we are given the chance to tell the world what defines us as food bloggers and why we should be the next food blog star. No one wins or loses this first challenge; it just sets the stage for the remaining challenges.

You can help! In the near future, I will have an icon on my blog for you to vote for me. There are judges for the competition as iterated below but there will be one readers' choice winner per round (except the final round). The readers' choice (blogger with the most votes from the public) will automatically advance to the next round.

The competition is judged by Dana Cowin, Editor-in-Chief of FOOD & WINE Magazine; Nancy Silverton, Founder La Brea Bakery, Co-owner Mozza; and Pim Techamuanvivit, Author of ChezPim.com and The Foodie Handbook.

9 comments:

  1. I will be voting for you, girl! I, too, have only been cooking for 3 years. Self-taught after I got married and became a stay-at-home mom. Cooking is all I think about! I don't think it matters how how long you've been at it, what matters most is how it tastes and how much love is put into each dish. Cooking everything from scratch is the such a great feeling, and producing great that others enjoy is almost orgasmic! I wish you good luck! I love the stuff you produce and I am sure you will inspire others. PS- I love Food and Wine Magazine! The 2007 Cookbook was the second cookbook I've ever purchased! Sorry about the long comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks! We definitely have a similar story when it comes to the start of our cooking :) It's all I think about, too! In my spare time, I am looking online at recipes and other blogs trying to find some inspiration. My first ever cookbook was Taste of Home. I've never read Food and Wine Magazine... maybe I'll try it out! :) Thank you for your positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you in this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck (= Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, guys! Good luck to you, too, Lisa! :) Anyone else in it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checkin' out the competition. You look strong! Good Luck. GREG

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: