August 13, 2010

Raspberry Cobb Salad

There are so many exciting things that I received from my birthday that I cannot wait to try. My sister's mother-in-law, Tina, bought me Giada De Laurentiis' Raspberry Vinaigrette for my birthday. In keeping up with the goal to have my freezer cleaned out by vacation, I had my split chicken breasts thawed out. I had to use that in addition to some bacon leftover from last night's dinner. I wanted to use all three things for dinner tonight, thus raspberry Cobb salad was born.



Ingredients:
  • 2.5 lbs split chicken breasts, bone-in
  • 2 to 3 quarts chicken stock, or as needed
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked
  • 1 quart cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • Crumbled bleu cheese
  • 2 avacados, chopped (I was out of avacado unfortunately)
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Giada De Laurentiis' Raspberry Vinaigrette, to taste
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • Boil the chicken breasts in the chicken stock for 15 minutes. Add the eggs to the boiling water and boil along with chicken for another 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and eggs from water. Transfer the chicken onto a cutting board to allow the chicken to cool a little before handling and chill the eggs.
  • Meanwhile, chop the romaine lettuce and place on a serving platter. Place the bacon, tomatoes, bleu cheese crumble and avacado side by side on the serving platter.
  • Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper and place on the serving platter.
  • Peel the eggs and cut them into 1/4-inch slices. Place them on the serving platter as well.
  • Drizzle Giada De Laurentiis' Raspberry Vinaigrette over all.
  • Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
  • Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. A cobb has always been my favorite salad! Of course the bacon really does it! Raspberry vinaigrette is a great choice for this salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cobb salad is the best and your raspberry vinaigrette sounds delicious. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cobb is my favorite, too! The raspberry vinaigrette really makes this amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: