August 18, 2010

Strawberry-Banana Waffles


One of my birthday gifts was a waffle maker. I have been dying to use it but something always gets in my way before I begin. Today was the day. My first ever attempt at homemade waffles. I found a highly-rated recipe on allrecipes.com that I decided to try. I wanted my first waffles to be special (to me), so I decided to add some strawberry, banana and cinnamon, cross my fingers and hope it works. I was pleasantly surprised how these turned out! You have to try them! YAY!




Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 c milk
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • Handful of strawberries, coarsely chopped
Directions:

  • Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray and preheat.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
  • In another large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  • Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
  • Stir in the mashed bananas and strawberries.
  • Pour the batter into the waffle maker (I use about 3/4 c of the batter). Cook until the timer goes off, or about 5 minutes.
  • Serve with sliced strawberries and banana and syrup.
  • Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. I love to make waffles for my kids as it's their favorite breakfast! This recipe looks sooo yummy, my daughter loves strawberries! I love how the strawberry and banana oozes out of the waffle! mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time my daughter bit into a strawberry, she did a happy squeal -- it was so cute! I cannot wait to experiment more with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little skeptical at first because the batter was a little on the runny side, but these cooked up perfectly. I omitted the sugar and added a splash of honey instead and chopped up one banana and several strawberries and put it in to the batter. Everyone gobbled them up!!!

    Definitely a keeper of a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Images are very attractive; I can't stop myself to taste it. Belgian waffles are my favorite but I didn't try banana waffles. After visiting your blog I will definitely try this. Yesterday I tried dry fruit kheer and it was yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the first waffles I've ever made and they turned out great! I used vanilla almond milk.i had a circus waffle maker for a few years and finally tried it out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: