August 16, 2010

Summer Fruit Tart

I have had this crazy sweet tooth recently. As I was getting groceries, I impulsively picked up a graham cracker pie crust. I have a pretty good recipe for the crust but I really am against firing up my oven right now with the terrible humidity and heat. After I put my daughter to bed, I immediately started looking through the house for sweets and I knew it was time to pull out the crust. You can use any fruit you have in the house. Peaches, strawberries and blueberries happen to be in season, so I thought I would make a summer fruit tart.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 3/4 tsp vanilla extract, divided
  • 1 c blueberries
  • 1 c strawberries
  • 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
  • 2 tbsp grape preserves
  • 1 graham cracker crust
Directions:
  • In a small bowl, whisk cream cheese, sugar and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla until smooth. Spread the mixture over the graham cracker crust evenly.
  • Arrange fruit over the cream cheese spread.
  • In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine grape preserves and the remaining vanilla. Microwave for 20 seconds; brush over the fruit.
  • Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
  • Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. This looks really beautiful!! yum yum!

    anne
    www.anniebakes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to admit that it was gone within 24 hours *blushes*

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: