August 12, 2010

Turkey and Bacon Club Sandwich

Growing up, every time my family would go out to a diner, my dad would always order a club sandwich. I never understood why he would order the same thing every time, so I decided to order one to see what the fuss was about. I fell in love. Anytime I find myself in a diner, I still order a club sandwich to this day. Making this yourself is hard to mess up, easy to make and it tastes much better than any club sandwich a restaurant would serve.


Ingredients:
Yields two sandwiches
  • 6 slices wheat bread, toasted
  • 1/2 lb honey smoked turkey breast from the deli
  • 10 slices bacon, fried
  • 4 slices American cheese
  • 1 tomato, thinly sliced
  • Mayonnaise
  • Romain Lettuce
Directions:
  • Spread mayonnaise over one side of a piece of toast. Place tomato, lettuce, bacon, turkey and cheese on top of the toast.
  • Spread mayonnaise over both sides of another piece of toast and set it on top of the sandwich. Repeat again with tomato, lettuce, bacon, turkey and cheese. Spread mayonnaise over one side of another piece of toast and place on the top to complete the sandwich.
  • Repeat the first two steps again to make a second sandwich.
  • Slice in half with a sharp knife. Insert a frill toothpick into each center.
  • Serve with chips and a pickle and enjoy!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: