September 21, 2010

Anchovy Caprese Crostini

I was reading my Food Network magazine and came across a section describing 50 panini recipes. I was so excited as I thumbed through each page only to find that there were no such recipes included. If you know me, you know that a way to my heart is through a good panini, so you can imagine my disappointment. I walked into my living room to pull out another magazine when, low and behold, my daughter was sitting on the couch with a mini magazine insert entitled "50 Panini". That little rascal! It's bad enough that I have to share my cooking magazines with her in the first place but for her to steal without asking!? That just crosses the line!

One of the recipes that caught my attention was the anchovy caprese panini. I had bought this amazing crusty French bread at the grocery store today and the bread was too small for a panini, so I decided to cut it up and turn it into an anchovy caprese crostini. Crunchy, toasted French bread with soft, sweet tomato paired with sweet and tangy balsamic vinegar and salty anchovies = heaven!


Ingredients:
  • French bread, sliced thin
  • Olive oil
  • 2 vine-ripe tomatotes, sliced thin
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded (or sliced thin)
  • Anchovy fillets
  • Balsamic vinegar, to taste
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Capers
Directions:
  • Brush the slices of bread with olive oil and toast until golden brown.
  • Assemble the crostini. Place sliced tomato on top of the bread and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Place a basil leaf on top of the mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinle vinegar over each crostini. Top with capers.
  • Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. t's such a tickety-boo site. imaginary, extraordinarily intriguing!!!

    -------

    [url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
    [url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

    [url=http://otwieracz.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,6845/]opony[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jestem pod wrażeniem. Bardzo ciekawie napisany artykuł.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myślę, iż niejeden raz jeszcze tu zawitam. Udało mi się odnaleźć ten artykuł przypadkiem, jednak już mogę oznajmić, że znacie się na rzeczy. Oczywiście tego poszukiwałam - wpisu w wykonaniu kogoś, kim kieruje pasja.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: