One of the recipes that caught my attention was the anchovy caprese panini. I had bought this amazing crusty French bread at the grocery store today and the bread was too small for a panini, so I decided to cut it up and turn it into an anchovy caprese crostini. Crunchy, toasted French bread with soft, sweet tomato paired with sweet and tangy balsamic vinegar and salty anchovies = heaven!
- French bread, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- 2 vine-ripe tomatotes, sliced thin
- Fresh basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (or sliced thin)
- Anchovy fillets
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Brush the slices of bread with olive oil and toast until golden brown.
- Assemble the crostini. Place sliced tomato on top of the bread and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Place a basil leaf on top of the mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinle vinegar over each crostini. Top with capers.