- 3/4 c chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 c butter, divided
- 1/3 c maple-flavored syrup, plus more for filling (I used light syrup to make myself feel a little better lol)
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cans of refrigerated 8 flaky big biscuits
- 1 pkg cream cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 c of the walnuts on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter. Stir in the syrup until well blended. Drizzle the syrup mixture over the walnuts; set aside.
- Melt the remaining 6 tbsp of butter. mix sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Separate the dough into 16 buiscuits. Press each biscuit into 1/4-inch thickness.
Roll the cream cheese cubes in the cinnamon mixture, pressing down on the cream cheese to make them 1/4-inch thick.
- Use the remaining walnuts and place some in the center of each biscuit. Drizzle a little syrup (about 1/2 tsp) on top of each biscuit (be careful not to let the syrup touch the edges) and set a cream cheese cube on top.
- Gather up the sides of the dough, form into a ball and seal the edges.
- Dip the top of each ball into the remaining butter and then into the cinnamon.
- Arrange half of the balls, cinnamon sugar-sides face up, in the prepared pan.
- Repeat with the remaining half of the balls to form a second layer. Drizzle with any remaining butter and sprikle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Invert onto a serving platter. Scrape any remaining walnuts left in the pan and spoon over the buns. Allow the sticky buns to rest for about 10 minutes before serving warm.