September 15, 2010

Pearade

There is no exciting story about how I came up with this drink. I was at the grocery store, saw the pears lying next to the lemons and instantly thought, I can make a fun drink with pears and lemons! And thus, pearade was born.


Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe pears, peeled and pureed
  • 1/2 c freshly-squeezed lemon juice
  • 2/3 c sugar
  • 4 c cold water
  • 2/3 c gin (optional but oh, so good!)
  • Ice
  • Mint leaves
Directions:
  • In a large pitcher, combine the pears, lemon juice, sugar and water.
  • Add ice and garnish with mint.
  • ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Your photo is really wonderful. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds amazing, so refreshing. And the photograph is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very clever drink combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all :) It was definitely refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: