Adapted recipe by Cooking Creation
Original recipe by AllRecipes.com
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk.
- Slowly add the flour to the butter/sugar mixture, until just blended. As with any cookie recipe, over mixing will result in flat cookies.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour and up to a day. I refrigerate mine in the morning, so they are ready for after lunch.
- Drop dough by 1/4 c at a time, 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets. I used an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until edges begin to brown. (14 minutes exactly for my oven)
- Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely.