My husband was walking around the house this morning singing, "omelette time, omelette time, omelette time" over and over and over. Since I got the blindingly-obvious hint, I decided to make a prosciutto omelette for him. Ever since I introduced my husband to prosciutto, he fell in love with it and now we always have it in the house.
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices thinnly-sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 3 slices american cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded monterey jack cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Onion salt, to taste
- Beat the eggs very well.
- Heat the butter a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and season with salt, pepper and onion salt.
- As the eggs set, lift the edges with a spatula and allow the uncooked portions to spill underneath.
- Flip the omelette over. Place the prosciutto and American cheese on one side of the omelette.
- Fold the omelette over the filling. Sprinkle shredded cheddar and shredded monterey jack cheese on top. Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.