Here is our "Hello Kitty" pumpkin:
- Fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pumpkin pulp and seeds in a very large bowl of cold water. Squeeze the pulp with your hands to help loosen the seeds. The seeds will rise to the top.
- Skim the seeds with your hands and place them in a small bowl. Pick through carefully to make sure no large pulp chunks remain. Rinse and drain the seeds well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the seeds, butter, olive oil and garlic salt.
- Spread out the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until crunchy
- Allow the seeds to cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet.