October 6, 2010

Rosemary Turkey and Spinach Crustless Quiche




Wednesdays are my "slow" work days, when I find myself doing things that I normally have no time for before my daughter gets home from kindergarten. For instance, I am going to start going in every other Wednesday to volunteer in her kindergarten class for an hour starting next week. SO excited for that! Today, I found myself craving quiche. It has been forever since I made a quiche and I don't know why I've waited so long. The house smells wonderful in the process, it is super easy, extremely delicious, healthy and makes for great leftovers! I also get to check off an item from my to-cook list! 


Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 c onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, diced
  • 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
  • 4 oz shredded Romano cheese
  • 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 c cooked turkey (I used honey-smoked turkey breast from the deli)
  • 4 or 5 eggs (I am low on eggs, so I used 4 this time)
  • Salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
  • In a medium bowl, combine the egg and cheeses.

  • Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender.
  • Add the garlic and rosemary, stir and cook for 1 minute.
  • Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove the skillet from heat.
  • Stir in the cooked turkey and the egg/cheese mixture to the skillet.

  • Pour the contents of the skillet into the prepared pie plate.
  • Bake for 30 minutes, until the eggs set.
  • Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

  • Take a slice... or two.


  • Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. OK, so I am not a quiche fan, but damn this looks delicious!!! I will be the only one eating this, so I'll make a mini one. MMM. good recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: