October 22, 2010

Snookies (Snickers in Cookies)

I have a friend who is going through a difficult time right now. In an attempt to brighten her day, I thought perhaps cookies might help. I know they at least "help" me feel better in hard times. I named them "Snookies" (not to be confused with a certain "Jersey Shore" reality character) because they are oatmeal cookies with Snickers candy in the middle.


Ingredients:
  • 1 c butter, softenend
  • 1 c white sugar
  • 1 c packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 3 c quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
  • 6 or 7 Snickers (fun size), cut into eighths.
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
  • Add in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  • Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir the mixture slowly into the creamed mixture, until just blended.

  • With a wooden spoon, stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
  • Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
  • Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place on greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
  • Press a piece of Snickers candy into the center of each ball of dough, making sure to maintain the form of a ball.

  • Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  • Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

  • Enjoy!


13 comments:

  1. Snickers are my FAVE candy bar...love adding them to oatmeal cookies. When you get a chance, swing by my blog: www.wendyweekendgourmet.blogspot.com. I have a little something for you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste, your "snookies" are amazing! Thank you so much, they brightened our day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Wedny... I'll head right on over now.

    Glad to hear it, Connie. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look amazing!! Great job!

    Blessings-
    AManda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, thanks so much! I am SO happy you commented because I visited your blog for the first time and am SO in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet friend you are and what a cute name! I'm visiting from Quit Eating Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Lisa :) I'm glad you stopped by! I myself have just "hung out" on your blog for a while and I am so impressed :) Looking forward to following your exciting posts. God bless! P.S. I am SO trying your peppermint ice cream ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snickers are the best! This looks so yummy. Why are cookies so addicting?!!! I have put them inside a cookie as a surprise before and also Rolos, but this is yummy. I know I wouldn't stop at one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've decided to make my list of cookies I want to make for Christmas starting now {every year I don't plan and don't bake everything I want to}. These are definitely going on my list. Can't wait to try them. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute name for your cookies. You're making my mouth water when I think of these. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I was wondering how much baking soda to use. It's in the directions, but not in the ingredients. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lionfish, thank you for pointing this out to me! The baking soda amount to use is 1 teaspoon and I have updated the recipe to reflect that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: