November 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am planning for my daughter's six-year Hello Kitty kids' birthday party on this coming Saturday, so any spare time I can muster is spent planning for that. Thankfully, tonight is Wednesday. Every Wednesday night, Madelyn has church and I have about 1 1/2 hours of time to myself, which I desperately need right now. I decided to NOT finish sewing the Hello Kitty ears and bake some chocolate chip cookies instead. This is my no-fail, go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. I wish I could remember where I got the recipe from so I could give credit where credit is due. I have used many, many different chocolate chip cookie recipes but these are the most perfect homemade chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. This recipe yields 48 cookies.

Ingredients:

  • 1 c butter, softened
  • 1 c white sugar
  • 1 c packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp hot water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 c semisweet chocolate chips (I used half milk chocolate and half white chocolate)
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar; until smooth.
  • Beat in the eggs one at a time.  Stir in the vanilla.
  • Dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add it to the batter along with the salt.
  • Gradually mix in the flour, 1/2 c at a time.
  • Stir in the chocolate chips (sometimes I add chopped nuts at this point).
  • Drop by large spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
  • Bake for 14 to 18 minutes (15 minutes in my old oven), or until bottom edges begin to brown.
  • Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to wire rack.
  • Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love trying new versions of old favorites. This sounds like a great recipe. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a good chocolate chip cookie any day over a fancy dessert. I love it when the chips stay a little gooey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chocolate chip cookies. Uber comforting! You're such an awesome mom. Good luck with the party planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :) I'm trying SO hard to only eat one a day, especially with my 12 days of Christmas cookies coming up shortly! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: